Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FBI fingerprints in less than a month

FBI fingerprints in less than a month

Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

galinbg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI fingerprints in less than a month

Hi Group,

I sent my fingerprints to the dsignated location of FBI in West Virginia on October 28, Friday. According to other posts I had expected them back somewhere End of December-Early January ( 8-12weeks). I was shocked when I got them today , November 27- less than a month.

Advice: I sent the fingerprints by FedEx. Two and a half weeks later very polite lady from FBI called me to let me know that she will process my request and sent the prints back, when I create an account with FedEx( I had enclosed a return envelope) which will be displayed on the front of the envelope, insted of my credit card information. She said that FBI never sends stuff back if credit card info is exposed to potential identity theft. She advised me to go online , create an account( which took 3 minutes), call her back, give the 9 digit account number and seh will process them.
She emphasized on the fact that FBI have numerous times notified FedEx to warned its customers.

Timeline:
App - Jan 04
AOR - Feb 27
IA - OCt 22
Med - Oct 28
FBi - Nov 27

I guess everything over 20 is my lucky numbers
Galin
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

canseco1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FBI fingerprints in less than a month

Hi,

did you write any kind of letter explaining that your application is urgent, e.g. a deadline in a month? I'm curious since other people has mentioned that "virtual" deadlines would accelerate the process.

Originally Posted by galinbg
Hi Group,

I sent my fingerprints to the dsignated location of FBI in West Virginia on October 28, Friday. According to other posts I had expected them back somewhere End of December-Early January ( 8-12weeks). I was shocked when I got them today , November 27- less than a month.

Advice: I sent the fingerprints by FedEx. Two and a half weeks later very polite lady from FBI called me to let me know that she will process my request and sent the prints back, when I create an account with FedEx( I had enclosed a return envelope) which will be displayed on the front of the envelope, insted of my credit card information. She said that FBI never sends stuff back if credit card info is exposed to potential identity theft. She advised me to go online , create an account( which took 3 minutes), call her back, give the 9 digit account number and seh will process them.
She emphasized on the fact that FBI have numerous times notified FedEx to warned its customers.

Timeline:
App - Jan 04
AOR - Feb 27
IA - OCt 22
Med - Oct 28
FBi - Nov 27

I guess everything over 20 is my lucky numbers
Galin