Fastest Common Law Route

Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:36 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fastest Common Law Route

I have posted a few times and seem to understand the outland route.

But things have changed a bit and I am facing a redudancy so wanting to know the fastest route for immigration for both me and my partner.

I am canadian living in the UK, been here since, but still on extended ancestry visa due to expire sept 2013. Have been with my divorced partner for over 3 years, we meet the common law criteria.
We would like to emigrate back to VAncouver asap. We own a house here whcih we can put on the market instantly and have about 10K in savings and 50K equity in the house. I want to take all the household contents (well, most..antiques and such) and my two fur covered babies back with us.
My parents live in Vancouver and have said we can stay with them as long as we need to.
What I would like to know is what is the fastest route for us?
Do we go, and do outland application and he doesnt work until we get PR? Is it possible to do outland from within canada? he has family here so a uk address is still possible.
He has children from his previous marriage, we would like them to undergo medicals to be able to emigrate if possible in future (their choice obviously as he is not the Primary caregiver) but want to keep that optin open for them.
I have job contacts for myself in Vancouver/Calgary so I would be able to work almost instantly.
But as things are dire here we want to get the jump on this. Its been on the cards for awhile but we planned on saving a bit more but impeding redundancy is just a kick to our backsides...
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fastest Common Law Route

An outland spousal sponsorship application is the fastest possible route to PR - it'll take about 6-8 months.

It's no problem to do an outland application from Canada either, so you could go tomorrow if you want, but just bear in mind that your partner will be on a visitor visa (and therefore unable to work) until he gets PR.

HTH, good luck.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:49 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

Yes that does help! It was unclear to me from reading other posts that you could do outland from within canada.
How would it work via medicals etc? doesnt he need to get them done from the uk?
That also answers my question about his working thank you.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
Yes that does help! It was unclear to me from reading other posts that you could do outland from within canada.
How would it work via medicals etc? doesnt he need to get them done from the uk?
That also answers my question about his working thank you.
No, he can have the medical at any DMP - there is a list on the CIC website, which includes those in Canada.

Plenty of people on the forum applying outland from within Canada, so don't worry.

Have you read the Wiki article on spousal sponsorship? It tells you the pros/cons of outland v inland, so you can figure out which is best for you.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:23 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

thank you so much! wealth of info
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:50 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

Is there anyway for him to get a TWP if he found an employer willing to take hime on?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
Is there anyway for him to get a TWP if he found an employer willing to take hime on?
Employer would have to apply for a Labour Market Opinion and convince HRSDC that there are no Canadians or PRs available to do that job and they have advertised said job in accordance with the hiring a foreign workers rules.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...s/hire-how.asp