Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

fast track/expedite PR/SW application

Wikiposts

fast track/expedite PR/SW application

Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:42 pm
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future
Default Re: fast track/expedite PR/SW application

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Look Bubbe - you come on here asking how to get into US (illegally), then start asking about Canada. That's a sore point for many as Canadian visas are limited, and many go to those who don't want to live in Canada. Moreover, the aggressive manner in which you've responded to posts doesn't exactly make others want to help.

You have plenty of advise on here - read it and take note.

As for me, yes I've been from BUNAC to PR. When I arrived it was never my intention to stay beyond BUNAC visa, once I made decision to stay it was extremely hard to sort out. Fortunately I had the time and money to take 4 mths off work, go travelling and visit family in UK before being able to get back into Canada. By the sounds of it you don't.

Please make sure you fully understand the process, and whats required for fast tracking, and have a backup plan.
so hold on a minute, when your BUNAC expired you came back to UK, and then you returned to Canada and never came back to UK? How did you manage to stay in Canada permanently?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:43 pm
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future

Look Bubbe - you come on here asking how to get into US (illegally), then start asking about Canada. That's a sore point for many as Canadian visas are limited, and many go to those who don't want to live in Canada. Moreover, the aggressive manner in which you've responded to posts doesn't exactly make others want to help.

You have plenty of advise on here - read it and take note.

As for me, yes I've been from BUNAC to PR. When I arrived it was never my intention to stay beyond BUNAC visa, once I made decision to stay it was extremely hard to sort out. Fortunately I had the time and money to take 4 mths off work, go travelling and visit family in UK before being able to get back into Canada. By the sounds of it you don't.

Please make sure you fully understand the process, and whats required for fast tracking, and have a backup plan.
I'm not intending to go u.s no more, as it hard to get a H1-b visa from a sponsored employer. So i'm trying my luck with Canada.
I have the points required, and I have all documents to go with my PR app.
So, what if one has the intention to stay after BUNAC?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bubbe2005
so hold on a minute, when your BUNAC expired you came back to UK, and then you returned to Canada and never came back to UK? How did you manage to stay in Canada permanently?
why do you think i'm asking so many damn questions!??!?! duhhh so that I can understand the immigration process, so that I can see my choices. At the moment I'm looking at one choice,
go to canada via BUNAC
get a job
apply for BC PNP straight away - I will not wait
wait for BC PNP
then apply for PR
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:45 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not intending to go u.s no more, as it hard to get a H1-b visa from a sponsored employer. So i'm trying my luck with Canada.
I have the points required, and I have all documents to go with my PR app.
The Federal SW route for PR process is being changed and at the moment the exact details are not yet known.

The fact that you have the relevent points to apply at the moment may not be enough/sufficient once the amendments to the process are made, it seems you will require job offer etc and then they will process applications which fall into the criteria they are yet to set, ie jobs in demand etc.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
The Federal SW route for PR process is being changed and at the moment the exact details are not yet known.

The fact that you have the relevent points to apply at the moment may not be enough/sufficient once the amendments to the process are made, it seems you will require job offer etc and then they will process applications which fall into the criteria they are yet to set, ie jobs in demand etc.
thanks nikki, I will go for the BC PNP route
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:04 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

thanks nikki, I will go for the BC PNP route
Seems it may be the better option for now.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:28 pm
Banned

Seems it may be the better option for now.
yes I think so Nikki.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:52 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

How did you manage to stay in Canada permanently?
LMO -> Temporary work visa -> Permanent Residance via fast tracked SW application. Got it? Understand?

Not a problem, but don't be naive about how easy it is.

I will go for the BC PNP route
Yes - this might be better option. Depends on your job type & location.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:18 am
Banned

LMO -> Temporary work visa -> Permanent Residance via fast tracked SW application. Got it? Understand?

Not a problem, but don't be naive about how easy it is.

Yes - this might be better option. Depends on your job type & location.
job type: I.T
my job is listed in the under pressure occupations list in BC BUT NOT in Ontario.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:44 am
Calgary Sept 2008

Silverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really nice

why do you think i'm asking so many damn questions!??!?! duhhh so that I can understand the immigration process, so that I can see my choices. At the moment I'm looking at one choice,
go to canada via BUNAC
get a job
apply for BC PNP straight away - I will not wait
wait for BC PNP
then apply for PR

Lets hope its as easy as looks for you when you write it down.
I hope you have the patience to work through it all and not get fed up and decide to try another country.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Silverbug
Lets hope its as easy as looks for you when you write it down.
I hope you have the patience to work through it all and not get fed up and decide to try another country.
what made you decide to leave the UK silverbug?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nikki,
Can you clarify something for me..you have put here that you will "require a job offer" to apply via the skilled worker process..Can you please let me know where you read that as I haven't spotted it in all the new IRPA / C-50 threads. I know that it has been speculated about but until we find out the exact details are then nobody knows at the moment...If it ends up like many of us are expecting, with a prioritisation for applications from individuals whose jobs are deemed as in demand / under pressure, then I would be surprised if they would also need to have arranged employment aswell to be able to apply.
It is possible that I may have missed or misread something though?
Thanks
Tim

Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:30 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Do some work and research as much as possible.

First stop WIKI.