Family members query

Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:03 pm
Wannabe Canuck

anet367 will become famous soon enoughanet367 will become famous soon enough
Default Family members query

Hi,

My husband and I are applying for permanent residency to live in Vancouver. My husband has 2 children, aged 16 & 18, that do not live with us and will not be coming to Canada with us.

Do we have to include them on the application (would rather not).

Any other rules around this that we need to be aware of?

Thanks !!!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family members query

yes you have to include them
you will need to provide proof that child support is up to date if you dont want them ever to come to canaada you will need a notorised declaration stating this

pain in the butt etc but all dooable

come back to this thread if you need more info
common problem for many on here you are not alone with the kids from past relationships saga
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:37 pm
Wannabe Canuck

Thanks for the info.

What would happen if we don't include them when we send through our full application (currently on the simplified process)?

Also, child support is paid by agreement with the childrens mother. How do we prove payment? We don't want to get a signed declaration from the mother. We have bank statements showing the payments each month - will this be enough?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

you really have no choice you have to declare them it wont be a problem for you
non declaration would be classed as misrepresentation and chc view that as the worst possible crime of all!! I kid you not

you have to be 110% honest with absolutely every single detail of the immigration process always

its a pain but there is no ther way and it means once you get your PR you dont risk losing it

anything you are not honest about could well come back to haunt you during background checks if this happens you have lost everything and will not get PR

the signed declarartion is from you and your husband not the childs mother

good luck

you will have stacks and stacks of work, effort and evidence gathering and nail biting waits but will all be worth it in the end
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:30 pm
Wannabe Canuck

I am the principal applicant therefore the children are my step children, not my dependent children. Do I still need to declare them?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:39 pm
Wannabe Canuck

Also, as the children are not coming with us, do I still need to provide the following info:

CHILDREN’S INFORMATION (IF APPLICABLE)
• Children’s birth certificates (which name their parents)
• Adoption papers for adopted dependent children
• Proof of custody for children under the age of 18 and proof that the children may be removed from the jurisdiction of the court
• If the children will not accompany you to Canada, proof that you have fulfilled any obligation stated in custody agreements
• Proof of continuous full-time studies of all dependent children aged 22 or over, including:
• complete school records/transcripts since attaining age 22;
• letters from the schools indicating the number of hours of classes attended
per day, and the number of days attended per week;
• proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22.

Or will the NON-ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBERS DECLARATION be enough?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anet367
I am the principal applicant therefore the children are my step children, not my dependent children. Do I still need to declare them?

yes you do
it was the same for me they are my husbands kids nowt to do with me but still had to declare

and no we didnt have to send info for them no pics or anything like that

we dont even know where the children live or anything about their circumstances so we just stated this
the declaration was enough to cover all this we just put not known in the boxes for their details

we did need their birth certs though thses were requested when we got med requests( no meds for the children)

of course we didnt have birth certs so we just applied online for them very easy and they arrived a couple of weeks later chc just need to verify the kids dates of birth thats all

the declaration staTED NO ARREARS OF CHILD SUPPORT sorry about caps there!! and the fact that no wish to sponsor now or at anytime in the future and we both signed even though the kids are not mine and I have never had anything to do with them etc