Wikiposts

Family Member Sponsorship.

Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:09 pm
Been here 8 years now...

Steve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to behold
Default Family Member Sponsorship.

Hi All, I had a scan of the Wiki but can't see anything regarding quite what my question is about.

I am an Englishman in Canada for nearly 3 years now with permanent residence due to my Newfie Missus and we also have a daughter who has dual nationality.

My nephew (22yo) has expressed an interest in joining us later this year so my questions are:

Have any of you sponsored a family member in to the country and if so, how complicated was it?

What sort of timescale did you have to wait?

Any other complications?

and..........

Where did you start??

Thanks again everyone for sharing,

Steve.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Member Sponsorship.

Originally Posted by Steve.gibbs007
Hi All, I had a scan of the Wiki but can't see anything regarding quite what my question is about.

I am an Englishman in Canada for nearly 3 years now with permanent residence due to my Newfie Missus and we also have a daughter who has dual nationality.

My nephew (22yo) has expressed an interest in joining us later this year so my questions are:

Have any of you sponsored a family member in to the country and if so, how complicated was it?

What sort of timescale did you have to wait?

Any other complications?

and..........

Where did you start??

Thanks again everyone for sharing,

Steve.
As he is not under 18 and an orphan - and you have family members in Canada - you will not be able to sponsor him (in Ontario anyway).

Perhaps he could come over on an IEC working holiday visa and see if he likes it enough to try for PR in his own right.

Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:57 pm
Been here 8 years now...

Steve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah , thanks Sioux - good point.

I'll look into that option too!

Steve
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you can't sponsor him I'm afraid.

IEC or perhaps a study permit? Depending on his level of education.