Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Family Class (Spouses) not receiving IA Letter?

Family Class (Spouses) not receiving IA Letter?

Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

frenchstevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Class (Spouses) not receiving IA Letter?

Hey guys!

This posting would mainly be for individuals who have applied as spouses or common-law partners to Buffalo, but definitely any other visa office abroad please post as well!! After looking at several timelines from spouses who have applied through Buffalo, it seems that most people are just getting the AOR Letter and not the Initial Assessment. Most of the times their passport requests follow just 3 or 4 months after the AOR Letter. Has anybody had an experience with this?

I received my AOR Letter from Buffalo on October 31st (post marked the 26th Oct), and have not heard from them since this point, nor does E-CAS reflect anything besides "medical results have been received" and of course "In Process".

I look forward to hearing from you guys soon!!!!

God Bless and Happy Rememberance Day

Steve

My Timeline (Spousal Sponsorship, Buffalo RPC, U.S. Citizen currently in Canada):

September 19th, 2005 - Sent application to Mississauga
September 20th, 2005 - Application received by Mississauga
October 17, 2005 - Mississauga begins processing sponsorship application
October 17, 2005 - Sponsorship Approved - forwarded to Buffalo
October 20, 2005 - Buffalo receives application via CPC-M
October 25, 2005 - Buffalo begins processing PR application
October 31, 2005 - Received AOR Letter
October 31, 2005 - E-CAS reflects "medical results have been received"
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:04 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Family Class (Spouses) not receiving IA Letter?

I applied through Buffalo as a common law partner. My time-line is below. I received an Initial Assessment letter in Dec 04 (about 9 months after my file was received by Buffalo) asking me to do my medicals. I was very upset about this at the time because I completed my medicals upfront and sent evidence of this with my application package to Mississauga. I had to do all sorts of running round to get duplicate copies sent by my DP to Ottawa who then sent them to Buffalo. All worked out well in the end though.

My time-line for Buffalo family class was longer than others and I think this was because I am an Australian citizen and have lived and worked in 4 countries. I was living in Canada on a work visa and then visitor visa while the application was being processed.

I became a PR in March this year and absolutely love Canada. The endless wait was so worth it for me and I feel very much at home in Canada.

Hang in there, you may have quite a few more months of waiting ahead, but it will be so worth it.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Did your E-CAS ever indicate "medical results have been received"? Looking at the diagrams that are available when you login it states that they indicate medical results after the initial assessment (spousal family class) and is located in the 'Decision Made' column... I look forward to hearing from you in the future! Thanks for your timeline!

Steve

Originally Posted by ozinca
I applied through Buffalo as a common law partner. My time-line is below. I received an Initial Assessment letter in Dec 04 (about 9 months after my file was received by Buffalo) asking me to do my medicals. I was very upset about this at the time because I completed my medicals upfront and sent evidence of this with my application package to Mississauga. I had to do all sorts of running round to get duplicate copies sent by my DP to Ottawa who then sent them to Buffalo. All worked out well in the end though.

My time-line for Buffalo family class was longer than others and I think this was because I am an Australian citizen and have lived and worked in 4 countries. I was living in Canada on a work visa and then visitor visa while the application was being processed.

I became a PR in March this year and absolutely love Canada. The endless wait was so worth it for me and I feel very much at home in Canada.

Hang in there, you may have quite a few more months of waiting ahead, but it will be so worth it.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:49 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Originally Posted by frenchstevo
Did your E-CAS ever indicate "medical results have been received"? Looking at the diagrams that are available when you login it states that they indicate medical results after the initial assessment (spousal family class) and is located in the 'Decision Made' column... I look forward to hearing from you in the future! Thanks for your timeline!

Steve
Actually, I received my passport request letter from Buffalo while my e-client still showed 'in process'. A week after I 'landed' it changed to 'decision made' and 'medicals have been received'. Then a week later it changed to 'complete'. In my case, e-client was not a useful tool.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

In my case "medical results have been received" showed up 3 days after they began processing...so I'm not sure if they've determined eligibility yet or medicals passed or what...I have received anything in the mail besides the AOR letter on October 26th.

However when I login to the E-CAS and look at the diagram chart it listed "Medical results received by CIC" under the "Decision Made" column...however mine still says "In Process".

Any thoughts where it might be??

Thanks!

Steve

Originally Posted by ozinca
Actually, I received my passport request letter from Buffalo while my e-client still showed 'in process'. A week after I 'landed' it changed to 'decision made' and 'medicals have been received'. Then a week later it changed to 'complete'. In my case, e-client was not a useful tool.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:03 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Originally Posted by frenchstevo
In my case "medical results have been received" showed up 3 days after they began processing...so I'm not sure if they've determined eligibility yet or medicals passed or what...I have received anything in the mail besides the AOR letter on October 26th.

However when I login to the E-CAS and look at the diagram chart it listed "Medical results received by CIC" under the "Decision Made" column...however mine still says "In Process".

Any thoughts where it might be??

Thanks!

Steve
I really don't know. At least you know they have your medicals which is good thing, unlike in my case where 9 months went by before I was notified that Buffalo did not have them.

For an indication of past family class processing times go to:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...c-spouses.html

As you will see, Buffalo is one of the slowest visa posts for family class. Only 30% of cases were finalized at Buffalo in 7 months over the past year or so. In my case, my file took 12 months from the date Mississauga received my application to the date I received the stamp in my passport from Buffalo.

My advice would be to just relax. If there is nothing missing from your application, then don't worry about it. Some family class applicants at Buffalo never receive Initial Assessment letter, just a passport request letter. Others, like me did get an IA letter saying my medicals were missing, then a few months later, a passport request letter (a beautiful day that was). Some people receive an IA indicating nothing is missing and then a passport request letter is sent a couple of weeks later. It is hard to predict what will happen in your case, as no 2 cases are the same.