Family Class Sponsorship Photos

Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Family Class Sponsorship Photos

Hi,

I got my photos done for PR which originally required me to have 8. When I went to London Drugs the photographer mentioned that they weren't requesting 8 any longer, so I went away and checked the application guide and found that he was correct, CIC had updated the form asking for only 4 pictures, so I got 4 printed. Now after doing a final check of the application forms for updates before sending it in, we noticed that they have put the photo requirements back to 8 again.

My question is when I go back to get 4 more pictures they will have to take my picture again, does it matter if 4 of the pictures are different to the original 4? or will I have to pay around $60 and get all 8 re-printed?
Old Mar 30th 2016, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Class Sponsorship Photos

The guide (IMM3901: region specific requirements for countries including UK citizens, Jan 2016) states 8 and also states:

You must provide identical and unaltered photographs.

So personally, I'd ensure all 8 are identical which for me would mean providing all 8 from the same shot.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Mar 30th 2016 at 9:49 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 4:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You could scan the ones you have into your computer and print off (on photographic paper) another set so that they are the same. Make sure you keep the same ratio on the size though.
$60 is a lot of money for reprints!

EDIT:
It's just been bought to my attention (thanks Snowy) that one photo needs to have the photographic studio's name and address on - so apologies, the above probably won't be of any use to you. When I applied I don't recall that that was a requirement, just name, d.o.b. and date taken. Ah well.

Oooops.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 2nd 2016 at 4:47 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 3:50 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Snowy as well, you are probably better off having them all redone. Think about it this way, you will completely kick yourself down the line if they write back asking for 8 identical photographs, and then you have to shell the money anyway but now it's also delayed your application!

Best not to give CIC any reason to delay things (or total worst case, send the application back for not following directions! Though I think for photos that would be quite unlikely!)
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You could scan the ones you have into your computer and print off (on photographic paper) another set so that they are the same. Make sure you keep the same ratio on the size though.
$60 is a lot of money for reprints!

EDIT:
It's just been bought to my attention (thanks Snowy) that one photo needs to have the photographic studio's name and address on - so apologies, the above probably won't be of any use to you. When I applied I don't recall that that was a requirement, just name, d.o.b. and date taken. Ah well.

Oooops.

oh no I was having my picturs done in London showed them page with info and they were arguing that they dont need to stamp anything now i have them without anything at the back

wanted submit apllication tomorrow, do i have to have them done again?!
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:54 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

From the page with the photo specifications:
The back of one (1) photograph must:
 bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography
studio;
 bear the date the photograph was taken;
 The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

You can probably take your photos back and have them just add the information onto the existing photos.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

will have to do them again, they have done them completely wrong and I showed them specifications print out, I am annoyed, DON'T recommend snappysnaps...
Old Apr 6th 2016, 9:12 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Crayon
will have to do them again, they have done them completely wrong and I showed them specifications print out, I am annoyed, DON'T recommend snappysnaps...
UGH, I know what you mean. I had to go to the Snappy Snaps in Clapham to get photos done as well.

When you go in, give them the sheet, and stress that the photos are *NOT* the same as normal Canada Visa photos, that was what the bitched about with my husband when we were doing his application. They kept insisting that the photos were the same as "standard" Canadian visa applications, we kept saying that no, for PR applications they're different.

My suggestion, bring a ruler with you, and actually measure everything before you go. (Our issue was the face size was incorrect.)

I'm not sure where you are located, but I think some Timpsons locations do photos, it might be worth looking into that to see if they do it. Else go argue with Snappy Snaps that they clearly didn't follow the instructions and see if you can get them to redo the photos without a charge...
Old Apr 6th 2016, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Or go to a local private studio that will actually do exactly what you ask them to do.

Yes, measure them before you leave.

The spec has changed recently. Someone I know got their photos done online by a studio which claimed to do the spec for any country visa/passport/citizenship application. The problem was the company was still using the old specs for Canada PR applications.

Take the spec with you and insist they follow it. If they tell you they think they know better, go elsewhere.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Apr 6th 2016 at 9:44 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
UGH, I know what you mean. I had to go to the Snappy Snaps in Clapham to get photos done as well.

When you go in, give them the sheet, and stress that the photos are *NOT* the same as normal Canada Visa photos, that was what the bitched about with my husband when we were doing his application. They kept insisting that the photos were the same as "standard" Canadian visa applications, we kept saying that no, for PR applications they're different.

My suggestion, bring a ruler with you, and actually measure everything before you go. (Our issue was the face size was incorrect.)

I'm not sure where you are located, but I think some Timpsons locations do photos, it might be worth looking into that to see if they do it. Else go argue with Snappy Snaps that they clearly didn't follow the instructions and see if you can get them to redo the photos without a charge...
will take ruler as i want to send off application after!

went to Victoria, I dont live in London so thought going to London as I am there and especially googled for pictures and they should have known

anyway I have local small Timpsons just says online that they do indian visa, passport and ID pictures, I think will go to London again as dont want them to risk again to be done wrong again, I am already 4th month of filling all in andd finally can send it off and really stressed out and annoyed about whole proccess want it to get over with