Family Class Sponsership

Old Aug 13th 2002, 10:43 pm
Jenn

Default Family Class Sponsership

I have several questions in regards to this. My boyfriend will be sponsering me
under the conjugal partner classification. We should have all the paperwork ready to
be submitted in the next 3-4 weeks. From that point on how long does it take to
become a PR? I am a US citizen and he's a Canadian born citizen. I am also
wondering about the proof of our relationship that is required. The info is very
vague as to what we need. What do we need to send in? Pics, letters? Can we send
photocopies. If we must submitt originals will these personal documents be returned?
Thanks! Jenn

Old Aug 14th 2002, 12:28 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Family Class Sponsership

We don't really know yet what is exact definition of conjugal partners as the part
of Immigration Manual dealing with sponsoring Family class members abroad has not
yet been published. One think is likely to be sure - conjugal partner category is
not intended to replace eliminated fiancée category, so better wait for details
before applying.

And conjugal partner sponsorship is available only if sponsored person resides
outside Canada, there is no conjugal partners sponsorship in the inland process.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"Jenn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] om...
    > I have several questions in regards to this. My boyfriend will be sponsering me
    > under the conjugal partner classification. We should have all the paperwork ready
    > to be submitted in the next 3-4 weeks. From that point on how long does it take to
    > become a PR? I am a US citizen and he's a Canadian born citizen. I am also
    > wondering about the proof of our relationship that is required. The info is very
    > vague as to what we need. What do we need to send in? Pics, letters? Can we send
    > photocopies. If we must submitt originals will these personal documents be
    > returned? Thanks! Jenn