Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Extending Work Permit with Provincial Nomination

Extending Work Permit with Provincial Nomination

Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

pjones82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extending Work Permit with Provincial Nomination

Good Morning,

I am looking to extend my work visa while waiting for my PR, while applying online it asks for offer of employment, would this be my offer from 2011 or should I provide them with a new letter from my employer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending Work Permit with Provincial Nomination

Originally Posted by pjones82
Good Morning,

I am looking to extend my work visa while waiting for my PR, while applying online it asks for offer of employment, would this be my offer from 2011 or should I provide them with a new letter from my employer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
New letter as the old one should have had an expiry date hence the work permit only being issued for that time frame.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, no that's the thing, when I arrived, the officer only issued 1 year as he said you will have PR by this date, not wanting to argue I accepted that and went away with my 1 year work permit. I have already completed my medical and so on for my PR. Should the new letter contain a date that my employment will run to or can it be left as this date forward.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, no that's the thing, when I arrived, the officer only issued 1 year as he said you will have PR by this date, not wanting to argue I accepted that and went away with my 1 year work permit. I have already completed my medical and so on for my PR. Should the new letter contain a date that my employment will run to or can it be left as this date forward.
If extending online CIC Vegreville should be able to pull up your client history and see there is an application for PR in progress. Normally PR applications under PNP are completed within a year.
Get the employer to state in a letter that you have been nominated for PR and had the medical etc and that you are a full time employee and there is no expiry date on your current contract as they are aware of the PR application.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Will do,

Much appreciated.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, if the Province that nominated you issues a work permit support letter, I suggest you obtain a new letter from them and submit that too.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You can also extend the work permit by applying for the Bridging Open WP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob485.asp

"... Effective December 15, 2012,qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence (PR) under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and who meet program eligibility requirements, may be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) if their current WP will soon expire..."

Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

I had not heard of the bridging Open WP, would I apply for this even though I am going to be working for the same employer?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I had not heard of the bridging Open WP, would I apply for this even though I am going to be working for the same employer?
Personally I would apply for the normal extension of your current WP with a supporting letter from your company and telling CIC you have an application in for PR already in progress but was only issued a WP for 12 months when you arrived.