Extending Visitors Visa

Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Karen_M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extending Visitors Visa

Hi Everyone... Just wondering could someone help me. I just received my Visitors Visa but they only gave me three months. My partner and I want to get married but it likely won't happen until the beginning of November and my Visa expires the 30th. What would be the best route to take will i have to leave if we are married? Hope someone has some insight on the matter
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending Visitors Visa

Originally Posted by Karen_M
Hi Everyone... Just wondering could someone help me. I just received my Visitors Visa but they only gave me three months. My partner and I want to get married but it likely won't happen until the beginning of November and my Visa expires the 30th. What would be the best route to take will i have to leave if we are married? Hope someone has some insight on the matter
Start putting together your spousal sponsorship application - it will take you a few weeks to gather all the documentation. As soon as you are married, pay the processing fees and submit the application (you can send the official wedding registration document after, make sure to include a copy of the one you are given on your wedding day when you submit).

As soon as you have paid the fees etc., submit another new application for an extention to your visitor status, give the reason that you now have an application for PR (spousal/family stream) and request a year to enable to you remain with your spouse whilst it is being processed.

Include a copy of the fee's receipt as proof, together with confirmation that you acknowledge that should your application for PR be refused you will leave Canada. You should also show that you have sufficient funds to return to the UK if necessary and a letter from your spouse stating that they will support you financially whilst your application is in process.