EXTENDING MY STAY HELP PLEASE

Old Nov 26th 2011, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

paulwidnes1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EXTENDING MY STAY HELP PLEASE

HI just wanted to know , if anyone has extended there visitor status in canada to stay with partner ? and how long they got it extended by ? any help would be great cheers all
Old Nov 26th 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EXTENDING MY STAY HELP PLEASE

Hi my husband applied to extend his stay in canada after we got married inSeptember - his visitor stamp was due in february - so we applied in december - by the time we heard back about the application - it took so long that we heardback AFTER his visitor stamp was due. Now, they had denied his application - we forgot to include a photocopy of his entrance stamp into canada (very stupid of us) but we ended up having 3 months from the date 4of the letter to apply for restoration. We applied for the restoration(Cost:$200) and we had sent our application for PR about 2 months before that - so we waited out hearing a response from the CIC my husband ended up getting his PPR and permanent residence before they had even processed the resoration of his visitor status - and we recieved a cheque in the mail shortly after my husband landed - refunding us for the restoration.

So - make sure you apply a bit before your visitor stamp runs out - (normally 6 mos after entry), you can apply online on the CIC website.

Make sure to give them EVERYTHING and tell them your reasons why you want to stay, if you are granted PR before you have an answer you may get lucky like us and be REFUNDED for any fees for services you may not need.

Total time my husband was over his passport stamp time - while we had 'pending' visitor extension and resoration applications' was 7 months! Shows you what a waste it was, but do it right and you cannot be dinged for not following the rules - make sure you follow them - it turned out really well for us and it will for you!

Best of Luck!!
Old Nov 26th 2011, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This might be of help.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op11-eng.pdf
Old Nov 27th 2011, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - just wanted to give our very simple and successful extension.

My husband applied for his extension in September with a mid-Nov cut off date. We had not yet submitted the PR app. He explained that he was planning to apply for PR and that we wanted to maintain our relationship in Canada in the meantime. About a week before his visa expired, he got the extension for 1 year.

Hoping that's enough time to sort the PR