Extend LMO

Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Narnarvish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extend LMO

Hi Everyone

I am in need of some advice, I am on a WP which expires 13 April 2009, we submitted our PR application at the beginning of September 2008, but have not receive an AOR yet.

I am concerned with the timelines of everything that I will need to renew my WP before PR comes through. My existing LMO expires at the end of December 2007, so my employer will need either extend it or get a new one.

I have found this form to extend it on the HRSDC website.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...s/emp5354e.pdf

My questions are:

Can my employer just extend my LMO?

If so do they complete the application to extend the LMO & send just the form in, or should they prepare a whole new file, with all the relevant information pertaining to my wp application? I can't seem to fing a guide to extending an LMO.

Should we apply for the LMO extension now or closer to the end of December?

Last edited by Narnarvish; Nov 7th 2008 at 1:12 pm. Reason: Incorrect date
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gales2Canada is a jewel in the roughGales2Canada is a jewel in the roughGales2Canada is a jewel in the roughGales2Canada is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Extend LMO

We have been doing the LMO/WP thing too and have tried to look into it in as much detail as possible.

My understanding is that your employer needs to apply for an extension to your LMO - NOW as I was told that the average processing time is 74 days!

Again my understanding is all you have to do is get the LMO then do a flag pole run to get the WP renewed at POE - can anyone please verify that this is correct?

A question for you - how come your WP was valid for longer than the LMO? I thought you could only get a WP for the same length of time as the LMO?
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:36 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Narnarvish
Hi Everyone

I am in need of some advice, I am on a WP which expires 13 April 2009, we submitted our PR application at the beginning of September 2008, but have not receive an AOR yet.

I am concerned with the timelines of everything that I will need to renew my WP before PR comes through. My existing LMO expires at the end of December 2007, so my employer will need either extend it or get a new one.

I have found this form to extend it on the HRSDC website.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...s/emp5354e.pdf

My questions are:

Can my employer just extend my LMO?

If so do they complete the application to extend the LMO & send just the form in, or should they prepare a whole new file, with all the relevant information pertaining to my wp application? I can't seem to fing a guide to extending an LMO.

Should we apply for the LMO extension now or closer to the end of December?

why do you need to extend your LMO.......

I think what you need to do is extend the WP
If you read the wiki article above on the blue bar, it gives you some info on how to go about things....good luck
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

You are correct, I will need to extend my WP if my PR application does not come through in time, but as the thread below indicates, I need to know if I need to extend my LMO.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=extend+lmo
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gales2Canada
We have been doing the LMO/WP thing too and have tried to look into it in as much detail as possible.

My understanding is that your employer needs to apply for an extension to your LMO - NOW as I was told that the average processing time is 74 days!

Again my understanding is all you have to do is get the LMO then do a flag pole run to get the WP renewed at POE - can anyone please verify that this is correct?

A question for you - how come your WP was valid for longer than the LMO? I thought you could only get a WP for the same length of time as the LMO?
That cannot be the case, as our LMO was issued December 06, we had until December 07 in which to apply for the WP.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:29 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

All you need to do is to apply for your WP extending

are you applying for pr as well????
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

We submitted our PR application in September, we have not had an acknowledgement of receipt yet, so I am getting a bit concerned we need to extend the WP.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:40 pm

Yes you will need to extend your wp
which country are you from, uk or other
where in canada are you and finally where did you send your pr forms to??

maybe able to help or someone else can if you can give more details

thanks
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

We are from the UK, came to Ontario 18 months ago, submitted our PR application to Canadian High Commision in London.

The company I work for have said my job will become permanent once I have PR status.