Express entry, improving points

Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:01 am
Edmonton arrived

crg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Express entry, improving points

Hi guys
Abit of history, we went to canada on work permits in 2008 and tried a few times to apply for PR, first couple of times it was our fault and not filling the paperwork right, so we employed an immigration lawyer to help us with our application. It was around the time they stopped the Canadian experience class and went to express entry, well the lawyer submitted our first application late so it was sent back, second time he submitted wrong paperwork, I know we should have looked for someone else at this point but we submitted a third time and found out that my wife's LMIA was no longer valid and 5hen he had the balls to say ' he was surprised we got this far.
As you can imagine the anger and frustration on our part.
So back to the uk we went after 8 years living and loving Canada with no wish to return to old blighty but hey we are back and nothing we can do about the past.
So presently we have submitted an express entry profile and have 435 points and I know to have a real chance at being picked from the pool we need a minimum of 450.
My wife who's the principle applicant who is a registered CARNA nurse and me as a aircraft tech/ heavy duty mechanic don't seem to be able to up our points anymore, we got max points for my wife's canadian experience and education but we got no points for my college trade certs and apprenticeships as I have 2. Our language tests we have max points so can't improve there so just want to pick people brains to see if anyone has any suggestions.
Many thanks in advance.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:16 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry, improving points

Originally Posted by crg2704
So presently we have submitted an express entry profile and have 435 points and I know to have a real chance at being picked from the pool we need a minimum of 450.
Not necessarily, the lowest drawn points score seems to be slowly decreasing. I'm not sure if the latest events in the US will make any difference to the number of EoI's being submitted but Canada's target for immigrants this year is high and January's draws have been large numbers.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:25 am
Edmonton arrived

crg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope so 😀.we can't get points for age as we are both late 40s now.

Last edited by crg2704; Jan 30th 2017 at 10:27 am. Reason: Add to
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Not necessarily, the lowest drawn points score seems to be slowly decreasing. I'm not sure if the latest events in the US will make any difference to the number of EoI's being submitted but Canada's target for immigrants this year is high and January's draws have been large numbers.
I agree, I think you're in with a shot at 435 now the points level for LMIA's has been reduced. Although of course, it will depend on if your points will reduce as time goes on, i.e. if you'll lose points when you next have a birthday, but fingers crossed for an ITA before then!
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:29 am
Edmonton arrived

It just gets a bit frustrating when as for the last draw we were 18 point out hence the reason for my post
Old Jan 30th 2017, 10:34 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

It just gets a bit frustrating when as for the last draw we were 18 point out hence the reason for my post
No, I totally understand. That would annoy me as well tbh.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 8:41 am
Edmonton arrived

Thanks guys, here's hoping with everything crossed,
I've been a member of this site for many years now and and when ever I get stuck or stressed I find the quality of the advise and help I get here outstanding, so thank you all,
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 8:54 am
Edmonton arrived

Little bit of good news, we have a back up plan lol,
My daughter has just recieved her PR and has agreed to sponsor us and has submitted the expression of interest to sponsor,
Hopefully we can be one of the 10,000 to be selected if not its the long wait for the EE points to drop.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 9:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Little bit of good news, we have a back up plan lol,
My daughter has just recieved her PR and has agreed to sponsor us and has submitted the expression of interest to sponsor,
Hopefully we can be one of the 10,000 to be selected if not its the long wait for the EE points to drop.
Just checking, but is she already in Canada and has been working there for at least 3 years? If so, then best of luck, hope you're chosen, but don't forget you have the Supervisa as an option in the meantime if not successful (only if you're happy not working though of course).

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 3rd 2017 at 9:52 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:33 am
Edmonton arrived

Yes she has been in canada for the last 8 yrs, so has the 3 yrs and more of tax assessments.
So here's hoping that one of these routes will pay off lol.
Thanks again.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes she has been in canada for the last 8 yrs, so has the 3 yrs and more of tax assessments.
So here's hoping that one of these routes will pay off lol.
Thanks again.
Ah, that's good, just wanted to make sure she'd meet the minimum income requirements. Lucky that she got in before the deadline yesterday, fingers tightly crossed for you that she's one of the 10,000 lucky ones.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:59 am
Edmonton arrived

I know, could this be a sign 😃. She became a permanent resident on the 24th Jan, so just in time as it closed yesterday for this year.she has her sin number so the next thing for her is citizenship
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 11:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I know, could this be a sign 😃. She became a permanent resident on the 24th Jan, so just in time as it closed yesterday for this year.she has her sin number so the next thing for her is citizenship
Wow, that's fantastic - great timing! Maybe it's meant to be. And you can always stay in the EE pool in the meantime, as an EE application would be much quicker than parent sponsorship. Best of luck.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 11:38 am
Edmonton arrived

Just a little update, we got an ITA with the 435 points we had for express entry, so now for the medicals etc, wishing everyone in the pool success and hope you all get chosen 😃
Old Mar 7th 2017, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little update, we got an ITA with the 435 points we had for express entry, so now for the medicals etc, wishing everyone in the pool success and hope you all get chosen 😃
Congratulations - after the road you have had to take that is a big step!

Now to make sure you provide the correct documentation this time! Ask as many questions as necessary to make sure you get it right first time.

Best of luck - hopefully you will be back in Canada soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.