Express Entry First Draw

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 2:07 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry First Draw

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Thanks. The language test i can deal with

I decided to stop asking people questions and look for myself on the page.

I read here that you dont need an ECAS (but obviously it will help the points) if...

If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials assessed against Canadian standards.
This is not mandatory if:

you got at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).

Does this mean if you have a year of experience you dont need to submit an ECAS? Thinking of trying my luck without it as i dont know if I will need my degree (unrelated to the job I am currently doing) or my NVQ (related to the job that i am doing) assessed

UPDATE: it looks like WES do assess Vocational qualifications now. Under the heading:vocational and professional education btec diplomas and all other externally examined qualifications.

I don't know Becki... We're slightly bemused right now as the husband hasn't actually scored anything at all for his year work experience. His profile was only accepted yesterday evening so missed first draw by a long way anyway. So if he hadn't had his ECA his points would be way down. I probably need to list what he did score on for comparison and we are going to email them to check about CEC remaining pointless. He had enough points on this first draw but what if next time they want more points? Is there a cap on it?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 3:28 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I don't know Becki... We're slightly bemused right now as the husband hasn't actually scored anything at all for his year work experience. His profile was only accepted yesterday evening so missed first draw by a long way anyway. So if he hadn't had his ECA his points would be way down. I probably need to list what he did score on for comparison and we are going to email them to check about CEC remaining pointless. He had enough points on this first draw but what if next time they want more points? Is there a cap on it?
Yeah I see what you are saying, they could ask for more points to get through

It seems it's one of these things that you have to at least try and risk. It's daunting as you can get everything you need: ECAS, language test, work experience and still not get through.

I have to way up whether or not it's going to be worth it for me as the last thing I want is to be bitterly disappointed.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:10 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Just a heads up, even if you are the spouse/common law partner of the main applicant you are still required to provide the following information for all job experience/history that you have listed in the application.....apparently even if it goes back 10 years

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"

This seems like a good way of them filtering out incomplete applications
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:45 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
Just a heads up, even if you are the spouse/common law partner of the main applicant you are still required to provide the following information for all job experience/history that you have listed in the application.....apparently even if it goes back 10 years

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"

Thank you!!

I listed my work experience since I started nursing... More than 10 yrs- will I need to get references for them all or just the 10 yrs?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:47 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Thank you!!

I listed my work experience since I started nursing... More than 10 yrs- will I need to get references for them all or just the 10 yrs?
It suggests for every job you have ever had, this is why I am finding it frustrating as I have had many odd jobs here and there
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:50 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I just read what you wrote on the above on another thread.

It's ridiclous you have to do that for family sponsorship.

I also thought this 10 year work history was for FSW and nit for CEC or PNP. I do know you have to list all the places you have ever been outside of you home country since you were 18. Not easy.

I don't know about other people but I could probably on,y go back about 5 years with my work history. It's very doubtful with the deadend jobs I had before that that they would remember me. Not everywhere has an HR dept and staff turnover at some places will be high - I wonder what happens if you can't get a reference from every employer in your work history.

Also I understand after the draw in January. Nobody got through without an LMIA is that true?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:55 pm
Happy in Alberta

I also thought this 10 year work history was for FSW and nit for CEC or PNP. I do know you have to list all the places you have ever been outside of you home country since you were 18. Not easy.

I don't know about other people but I could probably on,y go back about 5 years with my work history. It's very doubtful with the deadend jobs I had before that that they would remember me. Not everywhere has an HR dept and staff turnover at some places will be high - I wonder what happens if you can't get a reference from every employer in your work history.

Also I understand after the draw in January. Nobody got through without an LMIA is that true?
Exactly, I worked a load of dead end jobs and probably most of the places I worked aren't even run by the same people now or even open still so how the hell are we meant to provide that kind of information.....on official letterheaded paper??? I can't speak for everyone but we have a positive LMO from nearly 2 years ago, so yes it looks like it
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Yep, only LMIA/LMO holders it looks like. You'd need one or PNP to reach 886 points and 99% sure nobody has had a validated PNP nomination for EE since the provinces are still all over the place.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:03 pm
Bex in the city

can't speak for everyone but we have a positive LMO from nearly 2 years ago, so yes it looks like it
Ah ok so you have been invited to sumbit and application for PR.

It's good to know what brick walls people will come across at the second stage.
be interesting to see how you get on with getting the references, I am sure people have come up against old companies that have been liquidated and no longer have contact with any employers anymore - certainly would not be uncommon around 2007-2010 with the recession in the UK
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:07 pm
Happy in Alberta

Ah ok so you have been invited to sumbit and application for PR.

It's good to know what brick walls people will come across at the second stage.
be interesting to see how you get on with getting the references, I am sure people have come up against old companies that have been liquidated and no longer have contact with any employers anymore - certainly would not be uncommon around 2007-2010 with the recession in the UK
Yes we have been invited to apply, the only issue I am facing with the application is my personal work history. My partner only worked for 2 places so his was easy. If it weren't for having to provide my work experience info then all we would need to organise is our medicals (which by the way, they are asking for results before you even submit).
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:08 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Does anyone know anything about requirements for Medicals? My husband and I both had that to come over on temp work permit? Will they need to be repeated?

I'm just thinking ahead since we're in the pool for the next draw whenever that may be...
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:09 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Yes we have been invited to apply, the only issue I am facing with the application is my personal work history. My partner only worked for 2 places so his was easy. If it weren't for having to provide my work experience info then all we would need to organise is our medicals (which by the way, they are asking for results before you even submit).
I'm grateful we are learning by experience now. That and police certificates are on my list of things to draft tonight!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:10 pm
Bex in the city

Does anyone know anything about requirements for Medicals? My husband and I both had that to come over on temp work permit? Will they need to be repeated?

I'm just thinking ahead since we're in the pool for the next draw whenever that may be...
Medicals only last for 12 months from the date they were completed. I know this as I need to get another one done for my second IEC
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:12 pm
Happy in Alberta

The only information available with EE is:

"In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload either the information printout sheet, or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these documents when you complete your medical exam."
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:12 pm
Bex in the city

Did it ask you for the places you have ever visited outside of your own country since you were 18?

How to you do that one if you have had multiple trips to Europe and no date stamps. Do they want the exact dates you entered and exited each country?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.