Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Education Section Help Required

Express Entry Education Section Help Required

Old Apr 14th 2015, 3:13 am
Just Joined

gazzmatt77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express Entry Education Section Help Required

Hi All
I joined the site a long while ago after what was a normal fortnightly skype chat with my brother in law turned into a lengthy discussion with my wife about the possibility of us moving to be close to her brother. We made our first visit to see them last year and we both fell in love with the place and decided this could be somewhere we want to live and bring up our 2 children so we feel now is the time to start the ball rolling to see if this is possible.
I am planning to go through the express entry route as long as i am eligible and planning to do the IELTS test next month which will give me the grades to fill in the eligiblity test .I do have a couple of questions which i am hoping someone can please help on is which section to select on the Education selection and which certificates if any i need to have assessed. The first ones are what i achieved for school and college over the years.
1. Completed High School with 7 GCSE`s ( These are not the highest of grades)
2. Completed Diploma in Public Services
3. 2 x short evening courses at local college ( IT Related)
4. 1 year course split into 2 Semesters ( IT Related)

I have also take a number of courses and exams which related to what i do now which is in the IT industry so are generally Cisco & Microsoft certifications which i believe are recognised worldwide so not sure if these would need to be assessed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Apr 14th 2015, 3:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Education Section Help Required

HI

Originally Posted by gazzmatt77
Hi All
I joined the site a long while ago after what was a normal fortnightly skype chat with my brother in law turned into a lengthy discussion with my wife about the possibility of us moving to be close to her brother. We made our first visit to see them last year and we both fell in love with the place and decided this could be somewhere we want to live and bring up our 2 children so we feel now is the time to start the ball rolling to see if this is possible.
I am planning to go through the express entry route as long as i am eligible and planning to do the IELTS test next month which will give me the grades to fill in the eligiblity test .I do have a couple of questions which i am hoping someone can please help on is which section to select on the Education selection and which certificates if any i need to have assessed. The first ones are what i achieved for school and college over the years.
1. Completed High School with 7 GCSE`s ( These are not the highest of grades)
2. Completed Diploma in Public Services
3. 2 x short evening courses at local college ( IT Related)
4. 1 year course split into 2 Semesters ( IT Related)

I have also take a number of courses and exams which related to what i do now which is in the IT industry so are generally Cisco & Microsoft certifications which i believe are recognised worldwide so not sure if these would need to be assessed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
1, You would have to get your highest educational achievement assessed by one of the accredited companies by CIC. IMHO the one you would have assessed is the Diploma in PUblic services. You could include the 1 year to see what it was assessed at. Cisco and Microsoft certifications are not considered a educational accomplishments, but industry certifications.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 3:59 am
Just Joined

gazzmatt77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Education Section Help Required

Thankyou PMM for the quick response it is much appreciated.