Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express entry - change of eligibility

Wikiposts

Express entry - change of eligibility

Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Catjemmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express entry - change of eligibility

Hi, I completed the eligibility test for express entry on the CIC website 2 months ago and it said I was eligible... I've just completed it again and haven't changed my answers at all and it now says I'm not eligible. One of the questions seems to have changed where it asks the NOC code for your skilled position. It only seems to be allowing a select few now and mine is no longer part of the criteria in the questions.
Does anyone know when this may have changed or may change back? I obviously can now no longer continue with our application but I'm not sure if I can apply in another couple of months?

Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry - change of eligibility

What NOC code is it? Have you had a birthday since you last did it?

There's no eligible NOC codes, so the only thing I can think of is that you don't score enough.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

NOC 6341 hairdressing and barbering skill level B. Yes I had a birthday but only turned 27 so still quite young with regards to the visa??
I just don't understand why the questions have changed?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catjemmy
NOC 6341 hairdressing and barbering skill level B. Yes I had a birthday but only turned 27 so still quite young with regards to the visa??
I just don't understand why the questions have changed?
Hmmm, very odd. Your age won't make a difference as you'll get the same points.

You're definitely not looking at Federal Skilled Trades?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hmmm, very odd. Your age won't make a difference as you'll get the same points.

You're definitely not looking at Federal Skilled Trades?
No, federal skilled worker. When going through the eligibility test on the CIC website you can't choose either FSW or FST anyway....there was a question last time that asked about the NOC code type and mine was included - its now not???
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Curiouser and curiouser!

Can I ask how many years of skilled experience you've got, your highest education level and do you have a partner?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Curiouser and curiouser!

Can I ask how many years of skilled experience you've got, your highest education level and do you have a partner?
Yes - I have 9 years experience. I have an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing and 9 GCSE's at C and above. Yes I have a partner.

Old Feb 4th 2016, 9:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes - I have 9 years experience. I have an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing and 9 GCSE's at C and above. Yes I have a partner.

Have you had an ECA done? If so, does it give you a diploma or just secondary education? I'm trying to work out your points to see if you score enough for FSW as perhaps that's the problem. It's the only thing I can think of.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 10:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That's really strange.. could I suggest trying again? I just did a 'fake' EE eligibility test using the 'come to Canada' tool and it didn't ask me for any NOC code, just if it was A/B/O or Skilled Trade and I was approved to apply.

FYI, I put down that I was 28; single; IELTS average 8.5; more than 6 years experience; $16k funds; no family in Canada; no work experience in Canada; 2 years education - diploma or certificate or trade qualification.

Did you put down sufficient funds - you must have the minimum of $12,164 for single, $15,143 for a couple.

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 4th 2016 at 10:27 am.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 11:30 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - I have 9 years experience. I have an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing and 9 GCSE's at C and above. Yes I have a partner. ☺
Have you had an ECA done? If so, does it give you a diploma or just secondary education? I'm trying to work out your points to see if you score enough for FSW as perhaps that's the problem. It's the only thing I can think of.
OP wouldn't get any points for the NVQ as its vocational and none of the ECA organizations assess vocational qualifications. Maybe the points for secondary education are too low?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for helping!
On the CIC website I think there are 3 companies you can choose from for ECA - I sent mine off to WES and paid the fee, waited the 20 days and they emailed to say because it's an occupational or trade qualification it's not eligible for assessment by them. I had already tried ICAS and the page keeps freezing at payment so I emailed them to see can I pay another way and they replied that I could, but also "As most trade qualifications do not include a significant academic component, we strongly suggest that you submit your secondary school documents in addition to the trade qualification."
Old Feb 4th 2016, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
OP wouldn't get any points for the NVQ as its vocational and none of the ECA organizations assess vocational qualifications. Maybe the points for secondary education are too low?
This is what I was worried about - originally I presumed 2 years at college was equal to 2 years college/trade diploma on the list on CIC. Hairdressing and barbering in skill B and all you do for it is 2 years at college so I don't understand how you can get there as a hairdresser??
Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2016, 5:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I was worried about - originally I presumed 2 years at college was equal to 2 years college/trade diploma on the list on CIC. Hairdressing and barbering in skill B and all you do for it is 2 years at college so I don't understand how you can get there as a hairdresser??
Thanks
Have a look at this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...alency-852578/

Old Feb 4th 2016, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That's really strange.. could I suggest trying again? I just did a 'fake' EE eligibility test using the 'come to Canada' tool and it didn't ask me for any NOC code, just if it was A/B/O or Skilled Trade and I was approved to apply.

FYI, I put down that I was 28; single; IELTS average 8.5; more than 6 years experience; $16k funds; no family in Canada; no work experience in Canada; 2 years education - diploma or certificate or trade qualification.

Did you put down sufficient funds - you must have the minimum of $12,164 for single, $15,143 for a couple.

I just did another fake one (I've done about 10 in the past couple days to try and see where I'm going wrong?)
I put in I'm 27, there's 3 of us, IELTS 7.5 (as I have no idea what the questions will be like) no Canadian work experience in the last 3 years - this question has changed because I do have experience out there but it was 6 years ago. $31000 (whatever that bracket was) yes to family out there. I put in 2 years high school as I don't think my 2 years at college to get an NVQ level 2 is classed as 2 years diploma or trade qualification for some reason. (Although I tried this yesterday and put in 1 year diploma or trade and still got the same answer) The question that's coming up on mine for NOC "do you have experience in the last 2 years in these skills - code starting 72,73, 82, 92, 632,633 - this has definitely changed and I think it's what is blocking me...I just can't understand?? My job is skill b NOC code 6341 and it was fine 2 months ago!!!
Thanks so much for your help!!
Old Feb 4th 2016, 6:32 pm
Banned

I just did another fake one (I've done about 10 in the past couple days to try and see where I'm going wrong?)
I put in I'm 27, there's 3 of us, IELTS 7.5 (as I have no idea what the questions will be like) no Canadian work experience in the last 3 years - this question has changed because I do have experience out there but it was 6 years ago. $31000 (whatever that bracket was) yes to family out there. I put in 2 years high school as I don't think my 2 years at college to get an NVQ level 2 is classed as 2 years diploma or trade qualification for some reason. (Although I tried this yesterday and put in 1 year diploma or trade and still got the same answer) The question that's coming up on mine for NOC "do you have experience in the last 2 years in these skills - code starting 72,73, 82, 92, 632,633 - this has definitely changed and I think it's what is blocking me...I just can't understand?? My job is skill b NOC code 6341 and it was fine 2 months ago!!!
Thanks so much for your help!!
This is really weird because I am not getting that result if I put in a 1 year diploma but everything else as you have. I don't get asked the NOC code at all. Just checking - on the page that asks you 'have you had any skilled work experience in Canada' - you put "no" and underneath it asks whether it was in NOC A/O/B - but if you have selected "no" to the first question, you have to select "none of the above" in the 2nd part. Are you doing that?

Here's the complete copy of questions and answers.

Eligibility

Which province or territory do you plan to live in?
British Columbia

Which language test did you take for your first official language?
IELTS
What date did you take this test?
December 7, 2015

Enter the test score for Speaking.
Enter the test score for Listening.
Enter the test score for Reading.
Enter the test score for Writing.

Do you have other language results? Which language test did you take for your second official language?
None

In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time).
None

During this period, which National Occupation Classification (NOC) level is most of the experience in? If you do not have any Canadian work experience during this period, please choose "None of the above".
None of the above

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.
Six or more

In the last five years, do you have at least two years of experience in one of these types of jobs (skilled trades)? industrial, electrical and construction trades (NOC codes that start in 72) maintenance and equipment operation trades (NOC codes that start in 73) supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production (NOC codes that start in 82) processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators (NOC codes that start in 92) chefs and cooks or (NOC codes that start in 632) butchers and bakers (NOC codes that start in 633 If you are not sure of the NOC for your job, you can find it on the Find your NOC page.
None

How much money (in Canadian dollars) will you bring to Canada?
31,291 or more

How many family members do you have?

Do you have a valid job offer in Canada?
No

What is your date of birth?
March 10, 1988

I have a relative in Canada who is 18 years or older, a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and is my parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.

Married
Does your spouse or partner plan to come with you to Canada?
Yes

Is your spouse or partner a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?
No

Has your spouse or partner studied in Canada full-time for two years or more?
No

Has your spouse or partner worked in Canada full-time for one year or more?
No

Has your spouse taken a language test
No

Your results

To apply online, you will need this personal reference code:CR9562410153
Express Entry

Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.