Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry BC PNP - Healthcare Professional

Express Entry BC PNP - Healthcare Professional

Old Jan 19th 2019, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

TheHiltons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express Entry BC PNP - Healthcare Professional

Hi,

Has anyone gone through the Express Entry PNP program for Healthcare Professionals in BC. I've been offered a nursing position and would like to know about the experience. They mentioned something about going down the BC PNP route but applying for PR when we arrive, i'm slightly confused because surely we can apply for PR through the PNP program anyway??
Old Jan 21st 2019, 8:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry BC PNP - Healthcare Professional

Originally Posted by TheHiltons
Hi,

Has anyone gone through the Express Entry PNP program for Healthcare Professionals in BC. I've been offered a nursing position and would like to know about the experience. They mentioned something about going down the BC PNP route but applying for PR when we arrive, i'm slightly confused because surely we can apply for PR through the PNP program anyway??
PNP does result in PR, you're right. But it's a two stage process, first you get nomination (which means you can also get a TWP - they are highly unlikely to be prepared to wait for you to get PR before moving) and then you apply for PR once you get an ITA. I suspect they just mean that you'll go out there with nomination and start working on a TWP whilst you get your PR app together and apply, but there is nothing to stop you applying in the UK if you have time to do so before leaving.

HTH, and congrats on the job offer.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 21st 2019 at 8:57 am.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Okay cool thanks, how long does the PR process for BC PNP usually take?? I like the thought of having the security that we are PR.

Also do you know anything about Fort St John?? I've been offered a community nursing job up there. I used to live in Vancouver, so know BC a little. It's not my ideal pick, but we'll give it a shot initially and see how we get on up there.

I gather we would need to leave the country when the PR was granted, so would nearest place from there be to go to Alaska?
Old Jan 21st 2019, 9:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Okay cool thanks, how long does the PR process for BC PNP usually take?? I like the thought of having the security that we are PR.
If they'll let you apply via EE (which is great, much quicker - for some reason in the past Healthmatch BC have insisted on the old paper based route from what I can gather), then figure about 9-12 months in total.

Also do you know anything about Fort St John?? I've been offered a community nursing job up there. I used to live in Vancouver, so know BC a little. It's not my ideal pick, but we'll give it a shot initially and see how we get on up there.
No a clue I'm afraid, it's not an area of BC I've been to. It would be worth asking in the main Canada forum about it though for others experiences.

I gather we would need to leave the country when the PR was granted, so would nearest place from there be to go to Alaska?
I guess it would be, you can't just pop over the border like those in Vancouver can! Another option would be to look in to landing at a CIC office, but I'm not sure where your nearest would be and you may be better off hopping on a short flight to the US instead.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Nearest, yes. Near no. Its a 21.5 hour drive from Fort St. John to Alcan Border just on the other side of the Border.

Suggest activating by interview would be far simpler.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

I really don't get why HealthMatch BC can't use the newer more simple process! Why make it more difficult for both themselves and the worker than it needs to be!
Old Jan 21st 2019, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't get why HealthMatch BC can't use the newer more simple process! Why make it more difficult for both themselves and the worker than it needs to be!
Welcome to BC.