Experts Help PLease

Old Mar 27th 2002, 3:51 am
David

Default Experts Help PLease

Hi

Today I got my employment authorization extended for 1 year.What really surprises me
is that it actually says: "no valid for re-entry" .The visa I originally got 2 years
ago was "multiple entry" I called the immigration center and they told me that if I
leave the country in an emergency I`ll have to apply for a visitor visa to re-enter
Canada .According to what I read on the immigration website by extending my
employment authorization , I would also have my visitor visa extended.Am I wrong? I
guess that if this is true in an family emergency I could loose my position here
since they wouldnt let me in the country and I wouldnt have enough time to get a
visitor visa. Should I apply for a visitor visa? I`m really confused.

Thanks in advance for your help

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Mar 27th 2002, 3:52 am
Jim Humphries

Default Re: Experts Help PLease

You will indeed have to get a new visitor visa if you leave Canada for any reason.
The Employment Authorization is not a visa. Jim Humphries, former visa officer

David wrote:
    >
    > Hi
    >
    > Today I got my employment authorization extended for 1 year.What really surprises
    > me is that it actually says: "no valid for re-entry" .The visa I originally got 2
    > years ago was "multiple entry" I called the immigration center and they told me
    > that if I leave the country in an emergency I`ll have to apply for a visitor visa
    > to re-enter Canada .According to what I read on the immigration website by
    > extending my employment authorization , I would also have my visitor visa
    > extended.Am I wrong? I guess that if this is true in an family emergency I could
    > loose my position here since they wouldnt let me in the country and I wouldnt have
    > enough time to get a visitor visa. Should I apply for a visitor visa? I`m really
    > confused.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help
    >
    > --
    > Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Mar 27th 2002, 3:52 am
Andrew Miller

Your status in Canada is extended and you don't need to apply separately for
visitor's visa extension as long as you are not planning to travel abroad. To
re-enter Canada you'll need a valid visitor visa and I'm sure that the one you've got
2 years ago is not longer valid, so you'll need to apply for new one abroad if you'll
travel abroad. With valid EA you should have no problems getting new visitor visa.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:48e37b07824ca4a376c1e95ad0d67cc...e.mailgate.org...
    > Hi
    >
    > Today I got my employment authorization extended for 1 year.What really surprises
    > me is that it actually says: "no valid for re-entry" .The visa I originally got 2
    > years ago was "multiple entry" I called the immigration center and they told me
    > that if I leave the country in an emergency I`ll have to apply for a visitor visa
    > extended.Am I wrong? I guess that if this is true in an family emergency I could
    > loose my position here since they wouldnt let me in the country and I wouldnt have
    > enough time to get a visitor visa. Should I apply for a visitor visa? I`m really
    > confused.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Mar 27th 2002, 3:05 pm
David Cohen

In article <[email protected] lgate.org>,
[email protected] says...
    > Hi
    >
    > confused.

When you extend your employment authorization, your visitor _record_ is extended as
well. This means that you are allowed to remain in Canada for the duration of the
employment authorization. A new visitor visa, which permits entry into Canada, is not
issued, however.

It is not necessarily the case that if you leave Canada, you would not be
re-admitted. Such admission, however, is highly subject to the discretion of an
immigration official, which makes it difficult to predict in advance. On the basis of
the information provided, however, I would expect that you would be re-admitted.

If you feel that you may have to leave Canada, then it may be worthwhile to seek a
visitor visa in advance.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Mar 27th 2002, 9:05 pm
David

Default Thank you so much

Thank you all for the invaluable advice you provided me. I guess that if an emergency
presents I`ll just have to send my papers as soon as I arrive to my country. I guess
I shouldnt worry so much , since I`m about to send my application for landing
immigrant.I really love Canada and I enjoy working here. Thanks again! David

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG