Expart Advise : Working Visa/ PR

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Expart Advise : Working Visa/ PR

Please......PMM, Andrew, Jim

A friend needs expart advise, he got his PR under Skilled worker last year and landed the same year. The Couple (legally Married) had some marital problems and the wife left Canada to her home country last year, while in that country she applied for a WORKING VISA from the Irish Embassy as a Single person ( never Married). She has now two different legal status, one of being Single in Ireland under working visa and the other of being Married under PR in Canada. what problems could this bring to the husband here in canada should CIC get hold of this imformation since the coulpe are just on Separation? or What should the husband do to avoid being implicated into this?

Last edited by SKBT8; Jan 22nd 2007 at 3:17 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:06 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expart Advise : Working Visa/ PR

Canada doen't have any interest in what your friend's wife did in Ireland. It will be of interest to Irish authorities though.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get it - how come CIC computers didn't pick up that she was already a PR and didn't need a working visa then?

Edit: oh wait, you mean an Irish working visa to go and work in Ireland, not a Canadian one? That makes sense now

Last edited by Biiiiink; Jan 22nd 2007 at 4:15 pm. Reason: figured it out, I think!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:19 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I'm wrong, but my understanding of the original post is thet lady has obtained an Irish work visa, not a Canadian one.

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I don't get it - how come CIC computers didn't pick up that she was already a PR and didn't need a working visa then?

Edit: oh wait, you mean an Irish working visa to go and work in Ireland, not a Canadian one? That makes sense now
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Canada doen't have any interest in what your friend's wife did in Ireland. It will be of interest to Irish authorities though.
Mr. Miller,

Forget to mention that the couple has a child Canadian Citizen, and the issue of Child Custody has arisen, therefore the wife will be required to come and attend Child custody proceeding here in Canada. If during this proceeding the issue of different marital status comes up and CIC gets hold of it. will CIC have no interest even at this point, or could you still say, are being Single in Ireland has no bearing on Canadian PR obtained on the bases of her being married.