Everything sent to Mississauga!

Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:21 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everything sent to Mississauga!

Too late now to think about what we might have forgotten - really nothing, we checked 100 times - we have finally posted everything off. The relief is immense. We got the bank draft, the forms the whole tooti frutti, all in a nice big recorded delivery envelope - we all kissed the envelope this morning, although my husband and son looked puzzled at this request! All we have to do now is wait patiently with the rest of you!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

florrie2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Everything sent to Mississauga!

Just wondered have you done your medical already and sent that in with it all??
We are sending from UK and just wondered if we send that in with the initial posting?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by florrie2011
Just wondered have you done your medical already and sent that in with it all??
We are sending from UK and just wondered if we send that in with the initial posting?

Yes, read the checklists, medical receipt and police certificates.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:08 pm
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Florrie, oddly enough the moment I got all the forms printed off, back in November, I 'relaxedly' rang the doctor 70kms away in Rennes, and he said 'have your blood test and x-ray done, tomorrow morning and come and see me with the results in the afternoon' and then had a panic and had to abandon family and drive off damned quick. Everything with us went fine except... couldn't pay! You can't pay with Mastercard via Canada, France wouldn't give us a bank draft, and eventually had to get one from the Isle of Man. Yes, you have to get the medical done and send the certificate.

When I first viewed all the forms, I thought it would take for ever, and it took longer than I would have thought (the list every address you have lived in since the age of 18 gave me pause for thought, but I did think and I think I did a pretty good job!). Best of luck!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Dawlroxy33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MillieF
Too late now to think about what we might have forgotten - really nothing, we checked 100 times - we have finally posted everything off. The relief is immense. We got the bank draft, the forms the whole tooti frutti, all in a nice big recorded delivery envelope - we all kissed the envelope this morning, although my husband and son looked puzzled at this request! All we have to do now is wait patiently with the rest of you!

Not sure where you are or what you applied for... but I hope the same things doesnt happen to you what happened to me..
im Canadaian.. my partner is British... we sent off the applications for him for immigration to Canada.. and we sent it to Mississaugua as it was best processing times.. but they ended up sending it back to London England because we were living in the UK... bit of a pain in the butt... still didnt take too long, just frusterating because we paid to have to sent to Miss. and they just sent it back to London! doh!

Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Dawlroxy33
Not sure where you are or what you applied for... but I hope the same things doesnt happen to you what happened to me..
im Canadaian.. my partner is British... we sent off the applications for him for immigration to Canada.. and we sent it to Mississaugua as it was best processing times.. but they ended up sending it back to London England because we were living in the UK... bit of a pain in the butt... still didnt take too long, just frusterating because we paid to have to sent to Miss. and they just sent it back to London! doh!

But that is the way system works for out of Canada spousal applications. The sponsorship and application are sent to Mississauga who only determines if the SPONSOR is eligible to sponsor. Then the application is sent to the overseas office for processing.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:54 am
BE user by choice

PMM, thank you for clarifying that - it does seem most confusing when this whole process starts! Dawlroxy33, my husband is Canadian and sponsoring me (hopefully!) but we will do everything in the Paris office, interview etc., as we presently live in France. The processing times in the Paris office appear to be the same as in London.