eTA: extension of leniency period

Old Sep 25th 2016, 3:33 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eTA: extension of leniency period

Originally Posted by Gozit
If I was going to uni full time and not making any money and my mum offered to pay for my passport renewal I wouldn't say no. Its all down to different parenting styles for different people.
You should at least make a contribution IMO.

Yes it is different parenting styles but I know which one I'll be using
Old Sep 25th 2016, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
You should at least make a contribution IMO.

Yes it is different parenting styles but I know which one I'll be using
Anyways, thats not the point i'm trying to assess here

Regardless - $260 is expensive whether you're a broke student or not.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Anyways, thats not the point i'm trying to assess here

It costs less than the newest iPhone7 or Samsung Galaxy7 and lasts longer but also doesn't come with a headphone plug
Old Sep 25th 2016, 6:12 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless! It's the price you pay if you wish to leave a country and go travelling.

I don't think that's expensive
Old Sep 25th 2016, 6:13 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
It costs less than the newest iPhone7 or Samsung Galaxy7 and lasts longer but also doesn't come with a headphone plug
Ah but the new iPhone 7 doesn't even come with a headphone jack so you are getting a crummy deal there.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but the new iPhone 7 doesn't even come with a headphone jack so you are getting a crummy deal there.
Well I have seen a video that shows you how to add a headphone jack to the iPhone 7. Apparently you wrap a cloth around the glass and put it into a vice. You then get a 3.5mm drill and drill a hole into the top of the casing. You then submerge the phone in hot soapy water for 15 mins and then shake out any loose bits.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless! It's the price you pay if you wish to leave a country and go travelling.

I don't think that's expensive
Well when you've already a passport for another country it seems redundant to those who don't have a spare $1k lying around to get everyone a second passport.

I don't find it expensive either - but i'm young and single and don't have anyone else's passports to pay for but my own. I will keep both my passports up to date at all times both out of necessity (eTA law) and because I think it is important, but not everyone feels the same.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 10:40 pm
Bex in the city

Well when you've already a passport for another country it seems redundant to those who don't have a spare $1k lying around to get everyone a second passport.

I don't find it expensive either - but i'm young and single and don't have anyone else's passports to pay for but my own. I will keep both my passports up to date at all times both out of necessity (eTA law) and because I think it is important, but not everyone feels the same.
Well I only have one passport and a pr card (the former renewed every 10 years and the latter every 5 years) - it's not a big deal and another passport doesn't make a massive difference.

When the time comes for canadian citizenship then I'll obviously get a canadian passport.

Any children I have will get canadian citizenship (if born here) and then they get my british citizenship. I pay for their passports but once they are in full time work they pay for their own.

I will not be operating a bank of mum!
Old Sep 25th 2016, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I only have one passport and a pr card (the former renewed every 10 years and the latter every 5 years) - it's not a big deal and another passport doesn't make a massive difference.

When the time comes for canadian citizenship then I'll obviously get a canadian passport.

Any children I have will get canadian citizenship (if born here) and then they get my british citizenship. I pay for their passports but once they are in full time work they pay for their own.

Wanna bet
Old Sep 26th 2016, 12:12 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Wanna bet
Want to bet what?

I covered a selection of areas on my post?
Old Sep 26th 2016, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. We're a family of 6. If we kept current every passport available to us, we'd have 23 passports between us. When money is an issue, sometimes you have to make decisions based on what makes sense and what doesn't.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am with you, but neither of us have anyone to support but ourselves I guess the point stands still if you are a family of 6 with 2 adults and 4 kids under 10. $520 for the adult passports and $400 for all the kid ones is a bit redundant when you all already have passports for the country you live in.
Your kids will get Canadian citizenship if you naturalise here and they are born in UK as well in case you didn't know

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Agreed. We're a family of 6. If we kept current every passport available to us, we'd have 23 passports between us. When money is an issue, sometimes you have to make decisions based on what makes sense and what doesn't.
Exactly. And in this case, the Cdn government is forcing the decision of what *doesn't* make sense for families like you guys subtract the US passports. This is the "big issue" IMO.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 11:23 am
Bex in the city

Your kids will get Canadian citizenship if you naturalise here and they are born in UK as well in case you didn't know
Good to know. Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2016, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good to know. Thanks
No prob

Its rather similar to British law - you naturalising here would be considered Canadian "otherwise than by descent" in terms of passing on citizenship, your kids getting "by descent" if born outside Canada. With the annoying restriction that even if your kids move to Canada after being born in UK and stay there for their childhood and then emigrate as an adult, they can't pass citizenship on to their children, even though they lived their whole life in Canada and consider themselves Canadian.

UK law has a provisio for this where if you are a Brit by descent and spend at least 3 years living in the UK then move abroad again you can pass your citizenship on.

Cheers
Old Sep 30th 2016, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Also doesn't change that $260 for a fricking passport is ridiculous. IMO they should do like the UK does with the "certificate of entitlement." Vignette placed in the passport stating "The holder of this passport is a Canadian citizen" , problem would be solved.
A "certificate of entitlement" costs £272 ($450) and takes up to six months. I'd call that fricking ridiculous, particularly if you're advocating in favour of that *instead* of the cheaper, quicker passport.

I also paid $220 for my new UK passport. A Canadian citizen getting a new one on next day service is $230. Basically the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.