Entry for spouse with Work Permit

Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

badmojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entry for spouse with Work Permit

Hi
My husband left yesterday and got his 1 year work permit issued at the border, what do i need to take with me when i go in 2 weeks.
Do i need a copy of his forms and work permit, or do i need to fill out a form.

please help.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry for spouse with Work Permit

Originally Posted by badmojo
Hi
My husband left yesterday and got his 1 year work permit issued at the border, what do i need to take with me when i go in 2 weeks.
Do i need a copy of his forms and work permit, or do i need to fill out a form.

please help.
Hi there, if it is the same as when you hand them into CHC then you need to complete a WP form as well. Most of the sections won't apply but I still had to complete it for Spousal application. I would take all official docs particularly his LMO. Please remember that if you have a job lined up and you specify it on the form then if it is one that requires a medical, then you need to get the medical first. If in doubt don't specify a job as a medical can be sorted out in Canada when and if it becomes required. Please note that I do not know the exact procedures at immigration when you arrive in Canada seperate from the main applicant, this is just my experience at CHC London.
Hope it helps.