Is this the end for us?

Old Feb 2nd 2014, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sunryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Is this the end for us?

Hi all

We have a FSW2 application with AEO which finally went into process on the 8th Jan 2014. However they have asked us for additional documents, updated IMM5406 and police clearances which is not a problem, but they have also asked for a current updated job offer letter. We contacted the company to get the updated job offer letter only to find to our horror, that the company has amalgamated with another company and is no longer under its original name which is on our AEO. The director with whom we are in contact, says that the job offer still stands but because it is now a much larger company he will have to get approval from other directors and he does not see a problem. Do you think that CIC will accept this change? I am very doubtful. If not, would they allow us to get another job offer on the same application or will we have to go through the whole process of the PR application again? I really really don't want to do this, because if we have to do it again, my eldest son will not be able to come with us as he has just turned 22. Is there anything that we can do?

Kind of desperate at this stage.:
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 4:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this the end for us?

Hi

Originally Posted by Sunryder
Hi all

We have a FSW2 application with AEO which finally went into process on the 8th Jan 2014. However they have asked us for additional documents, updated IMM5406 and police clearances which is not a problem, but they have also asked for a current updated job offer letter. We contacted the company to get the updated job offer letter only to find to our horror, that the company has amalgamated with another company and is no longer under its original name which is on our AEO. The director with whom we are in contact, says that the job offer still stands but because it is now a much larger company he will have to get approval from other directors and he does not see a problem. Do you think that CIC will accept this change? I am very doubtful. If not, would they allow us to get another job offer on the same application or will we have to go through the whole process of the PR application again? I really really don't want to do this, because if we have to do it again, my eldest son will not be able to come with us as he has just turned 22. Is there anything that we can do?

Kind of desperate at this stage.:
1. You need the job offer from the amalgamated company (show the previous company is part of the new one.) If it is not forthcoming, then you can expect your application to be refused.
2. No, CIC won't let you find another company job offer.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 4:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

if the situation is explained clearly there should be no problem.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 5:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You're aware that AEO's have been scrapped? So you can't get another one and try again, you do need to get the documents proving that the company has just been amalgamated. As said above, if you can show the relationship between the two companies, I can't see why it would be a problem.

Good luck.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 6:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen your previous posts and in a fairly recent one you say you applied for PR under the Federal Skilled Trade Program - so is that in addition to your FSW application?

If so, that will give you a back up maybe? Or was that a typo and you meant FSW?
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies.

Christmasoompa - We applied for PR as FSW2. But the job is in the skilled trades NOC B group. We only realised long after we had sent in our application we had not filled in the correct form. So it is FSW2 with an AEO. I do realise that AEO's are no longer issued. This has been replaced with LMO's now I believe.
There is plenty of evidence that the companies have amalgamated. It is on their web sites. But we will ask them for this information to submit as well.

Thanks for the help. A little window of light then.....
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for all the replies.

Christmasoompa - We applied for PR as FSW2. But the job is in the skilled trades NOC B group. We only realised long after we had sent in our application we had not filled in the correct form. So it is FSW2 with an AEO. I do realise that AEO's are no longer issued. This has been replaced with LMO's now I believe.
There is plenty of evidence that the companies have amalgamated. It is on their web sites. But we will ask them for this information to submit as well.

Thanks for the help. A little window of light then.....
Ah, I see. I just saw you said you'd applied under the Federal Skilled Trades Program on another thread, which is obviously a very different program from the Federal Skilled Worker program, so wasn't sure if that was a typo, or in addition to your FSW app.

If the info is on the website, then definitely print that off as additional proof, and hopefully the company shouldn't have any issue in supplying other supporting evidence.

Good luck!
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:37 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

It may also depend on the legal status of the company. If the old company was taken over by the new owner and remained a separate entity i.e. ABC Ltd has a new owner, but sill operates as ABC Ltd, nothing would have changed for the status of the job offer.

If ABC Ltd was absorbed into XYZ Ltd and was then closed down, there is no legal relationship, ABC Ltd ceased to exist and the new owner is another legal entity. From a corporate and contractual standpoint, anything issued by ABC Ltd. would no longer be valid unless specifically taken over by XYZ Ltd. In this latter case there really is no relationship between ABC Ltd and XYZ Ltd as the former would no longer exisit and any documents issued by it would have no validity.

I have no idea what CICs view would be on this. The only option really is either a new job offer from XYZ Ltd and a letter of explanation, if ABC Ltd no longer exists on the corporate registry or the candidate would now actually be working for XYZ Ltd.

The same would apply if 2 companies have mutually amalgamated into a new company, it is a new legal entity.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Just got Med. requests and RPRF.... over the moon.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Just got Med. requests and RPRF.... over the moon.
That's great. Bet you feel like a weight's been lifted (understatement of the year). How stressful this has been for you.

Where you moving to?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi Geordie Lass, we are so relieved. We did not think this would happen, We are going to Calgary.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Geordie Lass, we are so relieved. We did not think this would happen, We are going to Calgary.

Awesome choice! (I live there so I would think that)

If you need any help with anything - ask away!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for the offer of help. I will probably be picking your brains for some info soon!!!! Just got to get over this last hurdle. Are you working in Calgary and did you find it hard to get work?
Old Jun 25th 2014, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

MovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura about

Well done, great stuff, still good to see nice news, we are off to Calgary ourselves, land on 30th July! Enjoy your win!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MovALot
Well done, great stuff, still good to see nice news, we are off to Calgary ourselves, land on 30th July! Enjoy your win!

Thanks and good luck to you. Do you have jobs to go to? My OH has, but I will be looking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.