Employment contracts and the like

Old May 18th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Employment contracts and the like

Hi guys,

I'm currently awaiting my 120 day letter and was thinking about starting to prepare the documents etc for the next step (counting chickens...). Now, I don't have contracts from some of my previous jobs. Will this be an issue? I will be able to get letters of reference and have many payslips, P60's etc.

Thanks all
Old May 18th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

debs_2009 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Employment contracts and the like

I didn't have any contracts from previous employers so I provided as much information as I could. I obtained references for some employers and also copied payslips. I didn't hear back from one employer so i just made a note on my application of the company, the address, names, dates and said that I had no reponse from them.

I didn't encounter any problems with this part of my visa.
Old May 18th 2010, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debs_2009
I didn't have any contracts from previous employers so I provided as much information as I could. I obtained references for some employers and also copied payslips. I didn't hear back from one employer so i just made a note on my application of the company, the address, names, dates and said that I had no reponse from them.

I didn't encounter any problems with this part of my visa.
Thanks Debs, appreciate it, karma given

Anyone else?
Old May 18th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

I'm at the same stage mate.

I've contacted HR departments in the companies i've worked, and some were able to send me scanned copies of the employment contracts.

On some, i have been unable to find, i've backed this up by phoning the Inland Revenue, and they provide you a tax breakdown of companies you've worked for and paid tax while employed. However, this is limited to the last six years of data that can be kept.

Hope this helps.
Old May 18th 2010, 8:33 pm

gjack is an unknown quantity at this point

We had this concern as well but were advised to send the current employment contract and then HR letters in place of previous contracts, this seems to have been acceptable as we're currently "in process" and just had meds done. One of the letters was in fact an email and again, this so far has not been questioned...I think as previous advice given, just give them as much info as you can get access to, and I would also suggest that preparing all info in advance is a good idea as it prevents the last minute panic when 120 day letter finally arrives!

Good luck!
Old May 18th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys,

I'm currently awaiting my 120 day letter and was thinking about starting to prepare the documents etc for the next step
Yes I would, 120 days isn't long, especially if you have to contact ex employers etc.

Good luck!
Old May 18th 2010, 9:27 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gjack
We had this concern as well but were advised to send the current employment contract and then HR letters in place of previous contracts, this seems to have been acceptable as we're currently "in process" and just had meds done. One of the letters was in fact an email and again, this so far has not been questioned...I think as previous advice given, just give them as much info as you can get access to, and I would also suggest that preparing all info in advance is a good idea as it prevents the last minute panic when 120 day letter finally arrives!
Good luck!
made life a lot easier for me, but then was a bit of an anti-climax.
I managed to make it more dramatic by losing 11 - (count 'em) passport photos for me & had to get more the morning of posting.

good luck
Old May 19th 2010, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all. I think I'll start getting a list together of the people I need to contact and start getting the ball rolling as I've passed the 5 week mark on the original application. Can't do any harm! Thanks again