emailed the chc

Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default emailed the chc

well, i emailed the chc after not receving anyting since sept 2005....i was worried my address change letters havent't got through as i can't seem to get onto ecas either.

Got a very nice email back saying they've updated my file with my new addy and will resend mail.

Implying there is mail.

Which makes me wonder if i should resend proof of my MSc as well.

Here's hoping the postie brings good news soon!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

leestrauch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: emailed the chc

we were in similar situation. applied in aug 05 heard nothing until july 07 when we received our 90 day letters. sent all info back aug 07 and expected to wait 3 months for medical request. emailed chc and asked what was taking so long. they replied a few days later to say that the application could take as long as 5 months. waited 5 months and still heard nothing. emailed them again saying first told 90 days, then 5 months WHAT NEXT.
they replied after a few days and apologised for the delay and said that our app would be screened within 3 weeks which will be 5th feb, so provided they stick to that we should be receiving our medical requests next week.
holding thumbs
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:59 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

Lets hope all us aug 05 and before do recieve our med requests soon.
Just out of interest what was chc email address?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

i'd settle for a 90 day letter...

the email is [email protected]

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:43 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leestrauch
we were in similar situation. applied in aug 05s
Sorry, what date did you apply in August 05?

Good news that you actually got a date to look forward to.

Thanks
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:21 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Hi leestrauch

So did the CHC contact you by Feb 5th?

thanks
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Caitilin

Hi Caitilin

Just wondered how long it took CIC to reply to your email. I'm having real trouble getting them to respond at all. I even went in person to their office on Tuesday and they promised to call within 48hrs but still no call. I sent a email on Sat and no reply yet to that either. Receptionist said that they can take up to 30 days to reply to emails. If I don't get a reply soon I may start bombarding them with phonecalls - they can't ignore me forever
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alison33
Hi Caitilin

Just wondered how long it took CIC to reply to your email. I'm having real trouble getting them to respond at all. I even went in person to their office on Tuesday and they promised to call within 48hrs but still no call. I sent a email on Sat and no reply yet to that either. Receptionist said that they can take up to 30 days to reply to emails. If I don't get a reply soon I may start bombarding them with phonecalls - they can't ignore me forever

I sent an email to CHC early last year and never heard anything back. I believe it says somewhere that if the question you're asking is on the site they won't respond. I guess they feel that you just have to sit it out like the rest of the applicants.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alison33
Hi Caitilin

They took slightly over a week and they havent' yet responded to my reply, which is also over a week.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:22 am
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

hi,
Just a little tip for e-mailing chc.

On the front of any mail you receive from chc there should be your file number
and the initials of the officer who is dealing with your case.
If you include the initials as well as the file number your e-mail has got a better chance of getting to the right person dealing with your file.

good luck to all of you waiting, I know it drives you mad some days.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TLB
hi,
Just a little tip for e-mailing chc.

On the front of any mail you receive from chc there should be your file number
and the initials of the officer who is dealing with your case.
If you include the initials as well as the file number your e-mail has got a better chance of getting to the right person dealing with your file.

good luck to all of you waiting, I know it drives you mad some days.
Thanks for the great tip. x
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:47 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Caitilin

Caitilin - Have you heard anything?

We are in exactly the same situation. We are Aug 05 AOR and haven't received a 90 day letter yet. We too changed address so its possible that our 90 day letter went astray, but I can't get them to confirm it.

I emailed them at the above address, they were quick to respond (1 day) but didn't actually answer my question as to whether they'd sent a letter. I emailed them again and asked them to clarify - that was almost two weeks ago and as yet have no response.

I've sent yet another email today to ask them to respond. I don't know what else to do? Is writing a letter or faxing them more effective? Is there a phone number we can call?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

they didn't answer my question either till the 31st, when they suddenly sent me a wordperfect document (and who uses wordperfect these days?!) that was my 90 day letter, that htey said they'd sent on hte 15th of Dec.

So 45 days in. I'm now doing a mad scramble to get everything and will send everything sans police certs if I don't have them yet if I have to to make the deadline as i'm not assuming the new date = new deadline.

I'd give them a week or so. They only responded then with an email with hte 90 day letter for me, but I would start considering collecting stuff. There's another post out there with a copy of my 90 day letter - feel free to use as guideline.