Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

EE Employment References - Missing Details

EE Employment References - Missing Details

Old Jun 17th 2022, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Km0025 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE Employment References - Missing Details

Hi all,

I’ve requested employment reference letters in the event that I receive an ITA once the draws resume in July (CRS 500+).

My employers have provided standard employment references (UK) which include all of the details required by IRCC except for the list of duties and responsibilities (company policies dictate they cannot provide this).

Thankfully I have kept all employment contracts, offer letters and experience logbooks etc. but wondered what the best course of action would be as I will need these jobs to claim points.

Should I prepare a detailed letter of explanation and enclose payslips, offer letters, contracts etc. to avoid being rejected?

Has anyone been in this situation and if so do let me know how you overcame this obstacle!

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jun 17th 2022, 6:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE Employment References - Missing Details

Yes, definitely include all of that, you need to prove your duties or you won't be given the points. If you have something in writing from the companies to say it's not their policy to include duties in a reference, then include that too - if not, can you get something? Just an email from you asking for it and their response saying it's not company policy to do so would suffice.

Good luck.
Old Jun 17th 2022, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, definitely include all of that, you need to prove your duties or you won't be given the points. If you have something in writing from the companies to say it's not their policy to include duties in a reference, then include that too - if not, can you get something? Just an email from you asking for it and their response saying it's not company policy to do so would suffice.

Good luck.
Thank you so much that’s really helpful. Managed to get confirmation in writing from one employer and waiting on responses from the others. Fingers crossed they will re-issue the letters with more details!

Also, wanted to mention that 2 out of the 3 years of my work experience was a Training Contract (Articling student equivalent so falls under NOC Code 4112). Is it worth including my practicing certificate, logbook of tasks performed as a trainee, SRA details etc. or am I overthinking this whole process? Concerned IRCC are harsh with applicants…

Thanks again!!
Old Jun 18th 2022, 6:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Km0025
Thank you so much that’s really helpful. Managed to get confirmation in writing from one employer and waiting on responses from the others. Fingers crossed they will re-issue the letters with more details!

Also, wanted to mention that 2 out of the 3 years of my work experience was a Training Contract (Articling student equivalent so falls under NOC Code 4112). Is it worth including my practicing certificate, logbook of tasks performed as a trainee, SRA details etc. or am I overthinking this whole process? Concerned IRCC are harsh with applicants…

Thanks again!!
Just checking, but this was full-time work experience and paid? And you're hoping to apply under FSW, not FST or CEC?
Old Jun 18th 2022, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just checking, but this was full-time work experience and paid? And you're hoping to apply under FSW, not FST or CEC?
Hello! Yes that’s correct, my training contract was full-time and paid, a regular graduate job in order to qualify as a solicitor/lawyer here in the UK. Both trainees and qualified lawyers fall under the same NOC Code!

FSW is the most appropriate stream for me, as no Canadian experience and FST seems to target specific skills/trades/professions etc.

Last edited by Km0025; Jun 18th 2022 at 8:15 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2022, 3:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Km0025
Hello! Yes that’s correct, my training contract was full-time and paid, a regular graduate job in order to qualify as a solicitor/lawyer here in the UK. Both trainees and qualified lawyers fall under the same NOC Code!

FSW is the most appropriate stream for me, as no Canadian experience and FST seems to target specific skills/trades/professions etc.
OK, that's good, as experience whilst training doesn't count for CEC/FST, only for FSW.

Sounds like you're sorted, I'd include as much as you can - better to provide more than have it refused.

Good luck.