Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Education Credential Assessment (Transcript requirement)

Education Credential Assessment (Transcript requirement)

Old Sep 11th 2018, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Monkeychops74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Education Credential Assessment (Transcript requirement)

Hi

I have searched the forum but cannot find the answer I am looking for.

In terms of starting the PR process (I am currently living + working in Ontario on a work permit) I have my original degree certificate that I can send on for an ECA, however I note that for the UK you are also required to submit a transcript. I never received this when I graduated (never actually heard of it until today!) and have emailed the university for a copy. Given I graduated in 1997, there is a caveat on their website to warn that records may not go back that far!

Is anyone aware if there is any leeway on this, if I just submit a degree certificate? Has anyone been through this and got any advice for me?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 11th 2018, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education Credential Assessment (Transcript requirement)

Transcripts are required by all ECA agencies, but it's not something you can supply, the uni has to send them directly to the agency for assessment.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 11th 2018 at 9:26 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 9:33 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monkeychops74
Hi

I have searched the forum but cannot find the answer I am looking for.

In terms of starting the PR process (I am currently living + working in Ontario on a work permit) I have my original degree certificate that I can send on for an ECA, however I note that for the UK you are also required to submit a transcript. I never received this when I graduated (never actually heard of it until today!) and have emailed the university for a copy. Given I graduated in 1997, there is a caveat on their website to warn that records may not go back that far!

Is anyone aware if there is any leeway on this, if I just submit a degree certificate? Has anyone been through this and got any advice for me?

Many thanks!
The transcript is just the marks you received for each module. You should have received this with the 'congratulations letter' upon passing the course. It breaks down the modules taken by name and score on university headed paper.

They should be able to type up a new one if the old one is no longer in existence.

As christmasoompa has said it has to be sent by the university directly to your chosen assessor. Some accept this via email whilst others prefer a hard copy.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Let It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond reputeLet It Snow has a reputation beyond repute

My universities also didn’t hold transcript information far enough back. They were able to send partial information back, with an explanation to WES (it MUST be sen directly from the academic institute to the ECA company) that their records didn’t go far enough back. Just make sure that you ask your academic institution to provide that explanation; I had my assessment delayed by 10 weeks because one of my inversities just kept sending them transcript for year 3 of my degree, with no explanation
all sorted ow, and I have my completed assessment.
good luck!

Last edited by Let It Snow; Sep 24th 2018 at 4:29 am. Reason: remove emoji