ECA Assistance

Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

zottie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECA Assistance

Hi all,

Just wondered if someone could give me some advice?

I have a BTEC Diploma that I would like to submit for an assessment, and my partner also has an HNC.

Do we need to get them both assessed anyway as part of the process, or does only the lead applicant need to submit their qualifications?

If we both need to submit then is it possible to send a joint application? I think this might be a silly question as I have just been checking the CES website and I can't see any option for a joint application but just wanted to double check before we go ahead with two separate submissions.

Also, with regards to the IELTS test - do we need to book the academic or the general test?

Thanks everyone, any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by zottie; Jan 24th 2016 at 10:05 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA Assistance

You need the general test for IELTS. Only the principal applicant needs to take the test, though if both applicants take it, it will be worth more points for the CRS.

For the ECA, I think it's generally per applicant, so to get 2 applicants credentials assessed it will be 2 applications (which means 2 x fees). Open to correction on this. Only the principal applicant has to get an ECA, though you can get more points if both applicants get an ECA. BTW WES are much faster than CES (15 weeks with CES vs. 2-3 weeks with WES).
Old Jan 25th 2016, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your helpful and speedy response!

Last edited by zottie; Jan 25th 2016 at 8:04 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Quick question regarding the institution name on the ECA application form? Should I be putting the college/university name or the Governing body of the qualification? Just wanted to double check.

Thanks!