E-mail from London visa office

Old Nov 9th 2011, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold
Default E-mail from London visa office

Hi! I am sure there must be an answer to my question somewhere on BE, I just can't find it. I am worried when the time comes for us to receive an e-mail from London visa office, it might go into the spam folder. I would be very grateful if someone who has already received their med requests electronically could provide us with the e-mail address they've got their correspondence from.
Many thanks!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-mail from London visa office

Here you go: [email protected]
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice

hi all mine went into my spam so it is a good idea to check it
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:34 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Security has its price in convenience. Just check your spam every few days to be certain.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Hi ,

Your thinking along the same lines as us!
Worried about missing an email.

-If the email is missed, then do CIC contact you any other way? (good old fashioned letter / follow up email?)

-Do they just bin your application if they dont receive a reply from you after a certain length of time?

Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alcat2010
-If the email is missed, then do CIC contact you any other way? (good old fashioned letter / follow up email?)
No, it's up to you to check your emails regularly (including your spam folder). Add the above address to your contact list and you shouldn't have any issues.

If they ask you for info and you don't respond within a certain amount of time, then they will assume you don't want to proceed and close your file, it's unlikely you'll get any notice of this.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, it's up to you to check your emails regularly (including your spam folder). Add the above address to your contact list and you shouldn't have any issues.

If they ask you for info and you don't respond within a certain amount of time, then they will assume you don't want to proceed and close your file, it's unlikely you'll get any notice of this.
Without sounding 'nippy'... I understand its "up to us" as an applicant to check our emails, my wife has been doing just that every day..

My point is though in this day and age of communications, I feel its a bit of a cut throat type of way for CIC to do business.

-Emails can easily be lost in cyberspace..
-The recipient may not receive it by fault of some virus..
-Not everyone is experienced with computers.. (mistakes can be made by deleting something)
etc etc

I would personally prefer waiting for a good old fashioned letter through the post, something that can be traced a little better, shouldnt be too much too ask from an organisation thats taking thousands off people in fees!

Or at the very least a follow up email? or an option to give a second email address to contact i.e. the principal applicants husband / wife...

Rant over
Old Nov 10th 2011, 11:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble is, if they had to send reminder emails and/or letters then processing fees would go up, as would processing times - then everybody else would complain even more!

I understand where you are coming from, but it would be such a lot of extra work for them to implement and just not worth it imo.

Keep checking that email, hope you hear soon.

P.S. Am I going completely mad, or did you apply back in 2010? What happened with that application if you don't mind me asking? Unless I'm thinking of somebody else of course.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

P.S. Am I going completely mad, or did you apply back in 2010? What happened with that application if you don't mind me asking? Unless I'm thinking of somebody else of course.
Hi, No we didnt apply in 2010. My wife was offered a job in Alberta back in 2008... Long story!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi, No we didnt apply in 2010. My wife was offered a job in Alberta back in 2008... Long story!
Oh, ok. That's very odd, I was just about to reply saying 'never mind, I've looked at your previous posts and seen your first application was rejected and you're reapplying'? How strange!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh, ok. That's very odd, I was just about to reply saying 'never mind, I've looked at your previous posts and seen your first application was rejected and you're reapplying'? How strange!
Ah a sherlock on our hands, must be great to have so much spare time..
Anyway,

We applied in 2011, that was our 1st application... not 2010.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for everyone's replies, will save the e-mail address in 'contacts' AND check spam folder daily
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah a sherlock on our hands, must be great to have so much spare time..
Hardly, all you have to do is click on 'previous posts' and skim through them!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hardly, all you have to do is click on 'previous posts' and skim through them!
Ah, but the question I am asking myself is....... Why?
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah, but the question I am asking myself is....... Why?
Because I wondered if it was relevant i.e. you'd missed an email from your earlier application and you were worried about it happening again. Sheesh, was only trying to help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.