Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

E-cas availability of updates question

E-cas availability of updates question

Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:27 pm
Ambiroadious

WorldWeary will become famous soon enough
Default E-cas availability of updates question

I sent off a Spousal sponsorship application on Sept. 8.
I know they received it since they sent me a cheque refunding some of the money I paid by the Internet and Visa.
I still can't get any info on E-cas though when using the Receipt number for reference.
They show they are processing applications received in late September.

So have 2 questions.
1. Is it normal to not be able to get an update at this point? I just get a standard screen saying they cannot find anything with the reference I have given them.

2. Why would they send money back? I paid just over a $1000 and they sent back exactly $500. It looks like they kept the Sponsorship Fee and the PR Visa fee only. After paying the money and sending the application off, I realized I should have paid around $1500 in total. I expected to hear from them that they wanted more money, not less. Any thoughts?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:22 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-cas availability of updates question

Originally Posted by WorldWeary
I sent off a Spousal sponsorship application on Sept. 8.
I know they received it since they sent me a cheque refunding some of the money I paid by the Internet and Visa.
I still can't get any info on E-cas though when using the Receipt number for reference.
They show they are processing applications received in late September.

So have 2 questions.
1. Is it normal to not be able to get an update at this point? I just get a standard screen saying they cannot find anything with the reference I have given them.

2. Why would they send money back? I paid just over a $1000 and they sent back exactly $500. It looks like they kept the Sponsorship Fee and the PR Visa fee only. After paying the money and sending the application off, I realized I should have paid around $1500 in total. I expected to hear from them that they wanted more money, not less. Any thoughts?
The total fee for the sponsorship and Permanent Residence from outside is around $1500, if I am not mistaken; i dunno why they returned your money?

Although it is normal to receive that kinda information on the web page if they havent started processing your application..
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: E-cas availability of updates question

Originally Posted by amancharan
The total fee for the sponsorship and Permanent Residence from outside is around $1500, if I am not mistaken; i dunno why they returned your money?

Although it is normal to receive that kinda information on the web page if they havent started processing your application..
The fee for sponsorship and pr is $550. There is then a $975 landing fee to be paid either up front or at the end of the process (we chose to pay at the end). It sounds like you paid too much for the first bunch of fees, but not enough to cover the landing fee, so rather than ask you to pay the difference they have refunded the surplus (probably makes it easier for them for tracking purposes rather than holding on to half-payments). It shouldn't be a problem, but you should expect a prompt later in the process for the full $975 landing fee.