E-CAS

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice
Default E-CAS

Dear All

My E-CAS status recently changed to 'In Progress'. It also states that to explain this status click on one of the links below:

1 - Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada
2 - Application for Permanent Residence Inside Canada
3 - Application for Permanent Residence - Federal Skilled Worker submitted to the CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Now I know that I'm not link 2 because I'm in the UK, but am I 1 or 3? The orignal forms went off to CIO as I applied for Federal Skilled Worker, and 'In Progress' is different on each of the links.

Thanks

Wags
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default Re: E-CAS

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Dear All

My E-CAS status recently changed to 'In Progress'. It also states that to explain this status click on one of the links below:

1 - Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada
2 - Application for Permanent Residence Inside Canada
3 - Application for Permanent Residence - Federal Skilled Worker submitted to the CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Now I know that I'm not link 2 because I'm in the UK, but am I 1 or 3? The orignal forms went off to CIO as I applied for Federal Skilled Worker, and 'In Progress' is different on each of the links.

Thanks

Wags
sounds like you're number 1!
i have been "in progress" for more than two years though!
i think if you applied more recently then they are more relevant and updated often!!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Kynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really nice

I would think you are #3. If you applied FSW and you sent the paperwork to Sydney, then that is the # with the description that best fits you it would seem.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice

Cheers for the replys, But still not sure which one I am. All new applications go to CIO Sydney now for a first review.

On another point, what does "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 21, 2009" actually mean?

Should I be expecting a letter to go for medicals or are they only just starting to go through the forms?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Cheers for the replys, But still not sure which one I am. All new applications go to CIO Sydney now for a first review.

On another point, what does "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 21, 2009" actually mean?

Should I be expecting a letter to go for medicals or are they only just starting to go through the forms?
1. Sydney only reviews the application to see if your claimed NOC experience is in the list of 38, or whether you have worked/studied in Canada or have an AEO. They don't validate any of the claims.
2. If you meet that basic, you application is sent to the processing office overseas and you are sent a 120 day letter to send a complete application to the processing office.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi PMM

I have sent the application to Sydney, and received the 120 day letter. I posted off the full application to London on 23rd June 09, and recieved an AOR on 06th July 09. At this point E-CAS stated Application Received (when checked under the new immigration number provided in the AOR).

It has now changed to 'In Progress', and this is where the confusion lies. As per my original posting, Link #1 'In Progress' appears to apply to Sydney i.e they are checking it for basic requirements. Link #3 seems to be further on, i.e. it has been verified at the Local Visa office and is eligible for processing - the next stage being medicals.

It is the wording on the links which seems to be confusing. I have pasted the E-CAS page below for your information - Any Further ideas?

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on March 26, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on April 21, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 21, 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada - Link#1
Application for Permanent Residence in Canada - Link#2
Application for Permanent Residence - Federal skilled Worker submitted to Sydney, Nova Scotia - Link#3

Many thanks
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

QUOTE=Wags18uk;7903561]Hi PMM

I have sent the application to Sydney, and received the 120 day letter. I posted off the full application to London on 23rd June 09, and recieved an AOR on 06th July 09. At this point E-CAS stated Application Received (when checked under the new immigration number provided in the AOR).

It has now changed to 'In Progress', and this is where the confusion lies. As per my original posting, Link #1 'In Progress' appears to apply to Sydney i.e they are checking it for basic requirements. Link #3 seems to be further on, i.e. it has been verified at the Local Visa office and is eligible for processing - the next stage being medicals.

It is the wording on the links which seems to be confusing. I have pasted the E-CAS page below for your information - Any Further ideas?

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on March 26, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on April 21, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 21, 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada - Link#1
Application for Permanent Residence in Canada - Link#2
Application for Permanent Residence - Federal skilled Worker submitted to Sydney, Nova Scotia - Link#3

Many thanks[/QUOTE]

The system is slightly convoluted as Sydney issues a file no. Link 3(which is temporary) and when the file is transferred to the overseas office, it will issue a new file no. Link 1 and the Sydney file no. is then shown as withdrawn. The CAIPS system does not like 2 file no.s for the same person, as it confuses it.