Wikiposts

Dumb question?

Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:27 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Dumb question?

Hi,

We have enough points to pass the passmark without a job offer waiting.

Do you actually have to get a job after entry (if you can support yourself otherwise)? I think we would prefer to start a business but wouldn't have the criteria for business entry.

Cheers

Y.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:30 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dumb question?

If you apply and are granted PR visa in Skilled Workers class then you have no conditions imposed on your status after landing, except of course obligation to be physically present in Canada for 730 days in every 5 years period to keep your PR status. You can get a job, start business, invest or do nothing.

Originally Posted by yonk
Hi,

We have enough points to pass the passmark without a job offer waiting.

Do you actually have to get a job after entry (if you can support yourself otherwise)?

Cheers

Y.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Dumb question?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you apply and are granted PR visa in Skilled Workers class then you have no conditions imposed on your status after landing, except of course obligation to be physically present in Canada for 730 days in every 5 years period to keep your PR status. You can get a job, start business, invest or do nothing.
Thanks!

Just what I wanted to hear.

Happy New Year!

Y
Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Default Another Dumb question?

Having looked at the test and the list of occupations, we can't seem to get one that quite fits my other half's work.

He teaches maths & economics for a private company, ie not a university but a firm that runs courses for people working towards a professional exam. Quite advanced.

So he isn't a teacher of secondary school level or a uni lecturer....any thoughts, anyone?

Does the description have to exactly match the job?

thanks!
Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Another Dumb question?

Originally Posted by yonk
Having looked at the test and the list of occupations, we can't seem to get one that quite fits my other half's work.

He teaches maths & economics for a private company, ie not a university but a firm that runs courses for people working towards a professional exam. Quite advanced.

So he isn't a teacher of secondary school level or a uni lecturer....any thoughts, anyone?

Does the description have to exactly match the job?

thanks!
Actually, just found the right thing!