Dumb question?

Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:27 am
  #1  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 959
yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Dumb question?

Hi,

We have enough points to pass the passmark without a job offer waiting.

Do you actually have to get a job after entry (if you can support yourself otherwise)? I think we would prefer to start a business but wouldn't have the criteria for business entry.

Cheers

Y.
yonk is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:30 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dumb question?

If you apply and are granted PR visa in Skilled Workers class then you have no conditions imposed on your status after landing, except of course obligation to be physically present in Canada for 730 days in every 5 years period to keep your PR status. You can get a job, start business, invest or do nothing.


Originally Posted by yonk
Hi,

We have enough points to pass the passmark without a job offer waiting.

Do you actually have to get a job after entry (if you can support yourself otherwise)?

Cheers

Y.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:57 am
  #3  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 959
yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dumb question?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you apply and are granted PR visa in Skilled Workers class then you have no conditions imposed on your status after landing, except of course obligation to be physically present in Canada for 730 days in every 5 years period to keep your PR status. You can get a job, start business, invest or do nothing.
Thanks!

Just what I wanted to hear.

Happy New Year!

Y
yonk is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:16 am
  #4  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 959
yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another Dumb question?

Having looked at the test and the list of occupations, we can't seem to get one that quite fits my other half's work.

He teaches maths & economics for a private company, ie not a university but a firm that runs courses for people working towards a professional exam. Quite advanced.

So he isn't a teacher of secondary school level or a uni lecturer....any thoughts, anyone?

Does the description have to exactly match the job?

thanks!
yonk is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:47 am
  #5  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 959
yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another Dumb question?

Originally Posted by yonk
Having looked at the test and the list of occupations, we can't seem to get one that quite fits my other half's work.

He teaches maths & economics for a private company, ie not a university but a firm that runs courses for people working towards a professional exam. Quite advanced.

So he isn't a teacher of secondary school level or a uni lecturer....any thoughts, anyone?

Does the description have to exactly match the job?

thanks!
Actually, just found the right thing!
yonk is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.