Dual intent question ETA or TRV?

Old Dec 17th 2016, 7:06 am
Just Joined

amielokijasper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dual intent question ETA or TRV?

We have received are case/file number yet, so I will await that and then get in contact with them. Thank you all for the information.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, if it were me, I'd be getting on applying for proof in the meantime and asap.

See this link:

See if you may be a citizen

It contains the "Am I Canadian?" tool.

I just ran it through as if I were one of your children(!), born after 2009 but with a parent born in Canada and the answer was "probably a Canadian citizen".

You may or may not know this but a new Spousal application kit was released on 15 Dec. This doesn't affect you as you have already submitted, but it does say the following in the new instruction guide:

Important information about children born to Canadian citizens

If you are a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring a spouse or partner, and you have a child together, your child may be a Canadian citizen. A Canadian citizen is not eligible to be sponsored. The official way to confirm whether your child is a Canadian citizen is to apply for a proof of citizenship. If it is confirmed that your child is a Canadian citizen, you can apply for your child’s Canadian passport. If this applies to you, you are encouraged to provide a copy of your child’s proof of Canadian citizenship with your application, to help us confirm that your child does not require immigrant processing. However, your application will not be returned to you if you do not submit this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5525ETOC.asp

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 17th 2016 at 1:29 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

How does it work for them (kids) then if we are just going back for a visit and they didn't have there canadian passports? (Just out of curiousity) I assume they just use there Uk passports and travel under there eTAs like they have done in the past?
Old Dec 17th 2016, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Personally, if it were me, I'd be getting on applying for proof in the meantime and asap.

See this link:

See if you may be a citizen

It contains the "Am I Canadian?" tool.

I just ran it through as if I were one of your children(!), born after 2009 but with a parent born in Canada and the answer was "probably a Canadian citizen".

You may or may not know this but a new Spousal application kit was released on 15 Dec. This doesn't affect you as you have already submitted, but it does say the following in the new instruction guide:

Important information about children born to Canadian citizens

If you are a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring a spouse or partner, and you have a child together, your child may be a Canadian citizen. A Canadian citizen is not eligible to be sponsored. The official way to confirm whether your child is a Canadian citizen is to apply for a proof of citizenship. If it is confirmed that your child is a Canadian citizen, you can apply for your child’s Canadian passport. If this applies to you, you are encouraged to provide a copy of your child’s proof of Canadian citizenship with your application, to help us confirm that your child does not require immigrant processing. However, your application will not be returned to you if you do not submit this.

Guide 5525 – Basic guide: Sponsor your spouse, partner or child

S
I agree! Better safe then sorry!
Old Dec 17th 2016, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Try again:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/dual-canadian-citizens.asp