Dual citizenship

Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Marv23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dual citizenship

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but i did search the forums for an answer and couldnt find anything. I was wandering how i can get dual British and Canadian citizenship and if i am entitled to it. I am a British national who was born and raised in England. My dad is Canadian, born there and lives there.Does this mean i am antitled to dual citizenship?and ,if so, how would i start the process?I emailed the Canadian embassy and the advice they gave was very confusing and vague so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers all
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual citizenship

There is an online wizard that you can do to work out if you are a canadian citizen http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ules/index.asp

From what you said you probably are and just need to apply for the certificate to prove it.

The documents and guides you need are here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/certif.asp

Last edited by britsnake; Aug 30th 2011 at 3:41 pm. Reason: added link
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Marv23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dual citizenship

ok, thanks a lot for your help ill give these a try