Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

The dreaded letter has arrived !!!!

The dreaded letter has arrived !!!!

Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:29 pm
Riddle89

riddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant future
Default The dreaded letter has arrived !!!!

Hi
Just thought I would let people know, we have recieved the dreaded delay letter today.
Our AOR is November 2004 with 21months, which should take us to around August 2006, the delay letter says the CHC are confident that they will see our case before June 2007.

Ah well, as one of my older Scout members said (I run a scout troop) "Great we get another summer camp with you both" - Glad soomeone is pleased.
Riddle89
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dreaded letter has arrived !!!!

Originally Posted by riddle89
Hi
Just thought I would let people know, we have recieved the dreaded delay letter today.
Our AOR is November 2004 with 21months, which should take us to around August 2006, the delay letter says the CHC are confident that they will see our case before June 2007.

Ah well, as one of my older Scout members said (I run a scout troop) "Great we get another summer camp with you both" - Glad soomeone is pleased.
Riddle89
Some Karma to cheer you up. It was pretty much enevitable though, bugger.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Riddle89

I don't know what else to say except that absolutely sucks! They seem to be sending out more and more delay letters. At least you can stay here and enjoy the heatwave
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Recent communications from CIC are confusing in so much as 2004 applicants are being sent delay letters (to end 2006/2007) and at the same time are being sent letters to update their applications as their case will be looked at in 120 days from the date of the letter. Wonder what the situation is ??????
Nik
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

And some of us have got multiple delay letters for different dates... my AoR is about a week behind yours, yet the latest delay letter they sent me is _FOUR MONTHS_ behind yours. Four months to process one week of applications seems a little extreme.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:36 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Sounds like they are so buried in delay letters they can't locate anyone's applications.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

We haven't recieved any delay letter yet, so I'm thinking along the "No News is ....." lines
Probably lost in the post though.

"The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train", syndrome!!!! :scared:

Kenny
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:17 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Riddle89
Now you understand the full meaning of "Be Prepared!!" ... and Baden Powell didn't even apply for Canadian PR!!

Karma sent!