Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does CIC stop accepting/processing EE PR applications over Festive period?

Does CIC stop accepting/processing EE PR applications over Festive period?

Old Dec 5th 2015, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does CIC stop accepting/processing EE PR applications over Festive period?

Just wondered if anyone might know if CIC stops accepting/processing EE PR applications over the Festive period? (I know when I was applying for Ontario NP, they said they stop processing over Dec/Jan, and wondered if CIC was the same)
I've still to get my medical done, and hope to submit my PR application before Christmas, but thought if they don't process, then should I wait till after New Year, so as not to lose time on the medical certificate, as its only valid for the year.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 1:56 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does CIC stop accepting/processing EE PR applications over Festive period?

How long did your police certificates take to come through if you dont mind me asking?
Old Dec 5th 2015, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does CIC stop accepting/processing EE PR applications over Festive period?

It took a few days. I did mine in UK - you can have two services either 2 working days or 10 working days. The 2 day costs an extra £35. It's not too bad. I'm trying to push these as close to my submission date, though also making sure I make the deadline, and not stress myself out with doing things too last min and also to make sure I submit before my IELTs expires.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Just wondered if anyone might know if CIC stops accepting/processing EE PR applications over the Festive period? (I know when I was applying for Ontario NP, they said they stop processing over Dec/Jan, and wondered if CIC was the same)
I've still to get my medical done, and hope to submit my PR application before Christmas, but thought if they don't process, then should I wait till after New Year, so as not to lose time on the medical certificate, as its only valid for the year.
Officially they don't stop processing but thats not to say some CIC personnel might take vacation during that time. Offices closed on Xmas Day, Boxing Day and 27th Dec and 1, 2 & 3 January.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for providing that information Former Lancastrian. That's not too long, I guess everyone's due their holidays and needs a break from work . I think I'll aim to submit before Christmas time.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 5:22 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
It took a few days. I did mine in UK - you can have two services either 2 working days or 10 working days. The 2 day costs an extra £35. It's not too bad. I'm trying to push these as close to my submission date, though also making sure I make the deadline, and not stress myself out with doing things too last min and also to make sure I submit before my IELTs expires.
Good to know. Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2015, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

UK Police certificate to be sent to Canada: one person I know recently applied online on a Sunday, chose fast processing (which is two days) plus courier return to Canada (£lots) and the certificate arrived on the following Thursday.

Another applied (even more recently) online and chose fast processing but normal air mail return to Canada. The process took about 11 days.

Personally, I would choose the first option (which I think costs something like £80 + £45) as receiving it in your case is time critical and you don't want to be facing a "lost in the post" scenario (also remember it's the Christmas period).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 5th 2015 at 7:23 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 7:45 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Snowy560
UK Police certificate to be sent to Canada: one person I know recently applied online on a Sunday, chose fast processing (which is two days) plus courier return to Canada (£lots) and the certificate arrived on the following Thursday.

Another applied (even more recently) online and chose fast processing but normal air mail return to Canada. The process took about 11 days.

Personally, I would choose the first option (which I think costs something like £80 + £45) as receiving it in your case is time critical and you don't want to be facing a "lost in the post" scenario (also remember it's the Christmas period).

S
With my last PC in the UK for IEC I got it sent to my mums address and she scanned it over to me. I would prefer to do it that way and get it sent out at a later date as EE is all on online (unless they request the original)
Old Dec 5th 2015, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It's good that you have someone reliable in the UK who can responsibly deal with that for you.

S
Old Dec 5th 2015, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah you only need to scan the certificate for the online application, so probably won't need the original till later if they request it.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 9:08 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Snowy560
It's good that you have someone reliable in the UK who can responsibly deal with that for you.

S
I am and She is a legend. I had to call her today for information on step father and step siblings as they need that info. I've warned her about the PC already