Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does a biritish citizen suppose to give biometric in Canadian airport ?

Does a biritish citizen suppose to give biometric in Canadian airport ?

Old Feb 8th 2020, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Newuser2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does a biritish citizen suppose to give biometric in Canadian airport ?

Im a British cititzen by naturalization. I hold a British passport. have never travelled outside of UK therefore I have no travel history that is why I'm abit nervous travelling for the first time to visit my relatives in Canada for a wedding. I have no idea about their airport polices.Therefore I want to know the airport procedure of Canadian airports.when I arrive to Toronto Canada,will they ask me to give my biometric i.e fingerprints/photo at the Canadian airport as part of their airport rules and regulations? I have heard that now Canada has a rule of taking every travelers biometric once they land at any Canadian airport whether they hold a British passport or German/Swiss/Dutch passport. Can you please share me your airport experience of your first time traveling to Canada ?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 2:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does a biritish citizen suppose to give biometric in Canadian airport ?

Originally Posted by Newuser2020
Im a British cititzen by naturalization. I hold a British passport. have never travelled outside of UK therefore I have no travel history that is why I'm abit nervous travelling for the first time to visit my relatives in Canada for a wedding. I have no idea about their airport polices.Therefore I want to know the airport procedure of Canadian airports.when I arrive to Toronto Canada,will they ask me to give my biometric i.e fingerprints/photo at the Canadian airport as part of their airport rules and regulations? I have heard that now Canada has a rule of taking every travelers biometric once they land at any Canadian airport whether they hold a British passport or German/Swiss/Dutch passport. Can you please share me your airport experience of your first time traveling to Canada ?
Not sure where you've heard that, but it's not correct.

You simply need your ETA. Edit: I see from previous threads your other citizenship is Afghanistan, so do be prepared for your ETA to take much longer and don't make any travel plans until you've got it. And you do have a travel history if you were in Afghanistan and are now in the UK!

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 8th 2020 at 2:07 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Does a biritish citizen suppose to give biometric in Canadian airport ?

sorry there users this question was asked on behalf of my cousin
Old Feb 9th 2020, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Default The question was asked on behalf of my cousin who doesn't have account here

question asked on behalf of my cousin
Old Feb 9th 2020, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Read these links

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security...rique-eng.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ics/facts.html
Old Feb 9th 2020, 12:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The question was asked on behalf of my cousin who doesn't have account here

question asked on behalf of my cousin
That makes no difference. You said he’s never travelled outside of the UK, but if he’s a naturalised British citizen then he must have lived in another country at some point? And presumably have citizenship of another country too, unless he’s renounced it or had it taken away. So my point still stands - he must declare that in his application and be prepared for it to take longer.

if your cousin had any further questions, please do ask him to sign up with his own account, thx.