documents required at entry

Old Dec 12th 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

fstevenson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default documents required at entry

Hello!

I just wondered if anyone could clarify this for me. Here's the situation.
My boyfriend (who is Chilean) and I are moving to Canada at the end of the month. However he is flying from Chile and will arrive in Canada in Toronto, whereas I'm flying from Scotland (where I came home from Chile to spend a couple of months) and arriving in Vancouver.

We have temporary works visas based on a job offer my boyfriend has (he is the principal applicant). However when I studied in Canada as a student, I remember having to show quite a lot of documentation on entry before getting my student visa.

I have a letter from the visa office stating that I will recieve my work visa on entry, but I'm not sure which other things I will have to show (ie proof of funds etc), as all these documents are with boyfriend in CHile as he is the principal applicant.

His company have said that we will be covered by their health insurance once my boyfriend starts his job (about a week after we arrive), so I was going to get travel insurance for just the first week. However I do not have proof of the health insurance that his company will provide- will this be a problem for getting my visa?

If anyone can tell me what they had to show- particularly if you have been the common law partner, and not the principal applicant, I would really appreciate it!

THanks
Old Dec 12th 2008, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: documents required at entry

Hopefully, this Wiki article should help...............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_...o_apply-Canada

Do you already have a pre-approval letter from CIC? If so I think that's all you need. If not (and if you are therefore applying for TWP at airport), I think that you will just need a copy of his contract, job offer letter, LMO and proof that you are in a common law relationship. Proof of funds is not required if you are going via a TWP.

Good luck!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

fstevenson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: documents required at entry

Yes I do already have a pre-approval letter. Thanks for the article! It has reassured me! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

I have found out that it says in his contract that they will pay for my health insurance too, so Im going to take a copy of that too.