Documents for PR renewal

Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:08 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Documents for PR renewal

What are the best documents that you can provide to CIC to prove that you have physically been a resident for the full 730 days? Something that is brief yet substantial, and does not make the application pack look like a law case folder.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:12 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents for PR renewal

I think payslips are the most compelling- or a bank account showing the same fortnightly deposits as few jobs take you out of the country (which is allowed anyway.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:02 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
I think payslips are the most compelling- or a bank account showing the same fortnightly deposits as few jobs take you out of the country (which is allowed anyway.
How about someone who changed jobs and had gaps in between. Banks were also switched in the said period and so was the address history. Proofs for all of the above can be arranged but it would form a bigger pile of documents than the one that was produced for the original PR application back home
Old Apr 28th 2015, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

Just provide the documents requested you don't need to provide any extra's.

Applying for a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) - Initial application, replacement or renewal (IMM 5445)

For most people the income tax assessments are the easiest to provide.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 3:11 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

As per CIC's website, they require you to translate any entry/exit stamps into English or French if they are not in the above two languages. So I do have some stamps in foreign languages on my passport. However, the said travelling was done outside the duration that I am claiming for physical presence in Canada (I have clearly specified the days I have been outside Canada in a cover letter and on the form). Should I still translate and notarize those stamps on my passport or do you think CIC would not be concerned with my travelling activity done outside the 730 days period.

All the other evidence of physical presence has been provided as requested.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 8:43 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Edo
As per CIC's website, they require you to translate any entry/exit stamps into English or French if they are not in the above two languages. So I do have some stamps in foreign languages on my passport. However, the said travelling was done outside the duration that I am claiming for physical presence in Canada (I have clearly specified the days I have been outside Canada in a cover letter and on the form). Should I still translate and notarize those stamps on my passport or do you think CIC would not be concerned with my travelling activity done outside the 730 days period.

All the other evidence of physical presence has been provided as requested.
Sorry I forgot to add I renewed my passport during the time that I was away from Canada (because once I was stupid enough not to check my trouser's pockets before putting it in washing machine). The application is now gone, although I provided coloured photocopies of all pages from both passports with my application. Just checking if I am OK for not translating the visa stamps into English/French.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Hello, just getting ready to renew my PR card , looking through the form, any parts that are not applicable do I leave blank or write N/A in the space ? Thank you for any help
Old Jun 18th 2015, 6:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by petesdragon
Hello, just getting ready to renew my PR card , looking through the form, any parts that are not applicable do I leave blank or write N/A in the space ? Thank you for any help
1. Write N/A, CIC doesn't like blank spaces and has a tendency to return applications with blank spaces as incomplete.