Documents for the interview

Old Sep 17th 2001, 12:53 pm
Gogo

What documents must I present at my interview? In particular, do I have to present a
new police clearance certificate having in mind that I have given a valid police
clearance certificate (the original with a translation as the instructions were) at
the time I filed my application (about two years ago)?

The problem is I'm short of time. I have been informed of the interview just 6 days
before the the actual interview date - I have never heard of someone being informed
so hastily. On the other hand I am happy that after so long a wait my turn has come,
and I don't want to spoil anything. The letter that informed me of my interview is
very general and explains that my dependants and I should attend and bring originals
of all documents on my file and any documents which may be missing including proofs
of employment, birth certificates and passports, diplomas, new police clearance
certificates for persons over 16 years of age, and proof of assets.

I have no dependants and I have all documents but the police clearance. Obtaining a
fresh police clearance takes several months here, because the police are too slow. I
visited personally the consulate where the interview will take place, but the girl at
the reception explained that she has no idea of the immigration procedure and that I
should do exactly what the letter wants from me.

What should I do?

Thanks for any help.

Old Sep 18th 2001, 5:55 am
Gogo

Thank you very much Jim, I hope the officer will understand my circumstances. I am
dealing with the office in Bucharest, Romania. I am Bulgarian though and the
interview is to be conducted in the consulate in Sofia, Bulgaria.

"James Metcalfe" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 18th 2001, 1:35 pm
James Metcalfe

Take all your original birth certificates, marriage cert if applicable, educaltion
diplomas, employment refereces etc.. If you have a resume in English take that as
well. If in doubt -take it. An updated Police Certificate is always required.

Good luck at your interview

Jim Metcalfe

"Gogo" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > In the event you do not have all the documents becuase of short notice,[/usenetquote2]
just
[usenetquote2]> > tell the visa fficer the reason. What office are yoru dealing with.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jim Metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 18th 2001, 2:38 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You should obtain updates of documentation pertaining to any significant changes in
your case since submission. This may include settlement funds (an updated bank
statement should likely be provided in any case), letters of reference, etc. Updated
police clearances may be requested, and it may save some time to apply for them now,
even though they will not be available until after the interview.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community