Do i need a police check?

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

tinyteds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do i need a police check?

Hi
Can anyone give advice on this one? I was previously married to a man in the army and i moved to Hong Kong with him (and the whole battalion). I was there for 18 months, but because i was there under the army i am unsure if i still require a police check from there or not! I have tried looking on the site concerning their checks and they are asking for evidence of my living there which i dont have as the move was completely through the forces! Can anyone help please?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Do i need a police check?

My best guess is that you'll need a police check from there. A PC is required for every country that you lived for more than 6 months, and it doesn't matter the circumstances of your move and the reason why you lived there.

But, someone else might give you a more definite answer.

P
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

"Who needs a police certificate?

In general
, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

...in general, what does that blooming well mean then?....thanks cic for that pearl of wisdom;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/informa...cert/intro.asp
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

it's all very clear to me, the OP needs a police certificate from Hong Kong