Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do CIC give AOR to Entrepreneur route....

Do CIC give AOR to Entrepreneur route....

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default Do CIC give AOR to Entrepreneur route....

I know I Know it has only been a week.... But, I was wondering if they let you know they have received application etc... I really am going to have to learn patience with this route.

M

(actually is that right AOR - does that mean a receipt!!!!)
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Do CIC give AOR to Entrepreneur route....

Originally Posted by Strawberry
I know I Know it has only been a week.... But, I was wondering if they let you know they have received application etc... I really am going to have to learn patience with this route.

M

You are correct that AOR stands for "acknowledgment of receipt". This forum should have all the abbreviations listed somewhere!

Not sure if you will receive an AOR but if you have a file number then you could look on ECAS every now and then.

Cheers
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

M

Eventually, but of course you know the processing time for an entrepreneur at London averages 42-48 months? AOR Acknowledgment of Receipt
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Eventually, but of course you know the processing time for an entrepreneur at London averages 42-48 months? AOR Acknowledgment of Receipt
Yes PMM, I know about the timescale... For us actually this is OK though.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

M

We put in a business - ( investor ) appliacation and finally got AOR two months after we sent it in. They sent it back saying we had sent it to wrong office, which we hadn't. Finally after two months got AOR which says processing time is 3 years.

Patience required I think
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:28 pm
Lawyer

David L. Thomas is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, Strawberry, for finally talking the plunge. You will get an acknowledgement letter with a file number, eventually. I would send everything to the High Commission by courier or registered post so that you have proof the package was delievered. You should also keep a photocopy of everything you end up sending them in case there are problems down the road. Good luck!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David L. Thomas
Congratulations, Strawberry, for finally talking the plunge. You will get an acknowledgement letter with a file number, eventually. I would send everything to the High Commission by courier or registered post so that you have proof the package was delievered. You should also keep a photocopy of everything you end up sending them in case there are problems down the road. Good luck!
Thank you Mr Thomas. I have sent it by registered next day delivery. We will just sit back now, do lots more research and wait and wait and wait....

M
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:19 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
.....you know the processing time for an entrepreneur at London averages 42-48 months? AOR Acknowledgment of Receipt
Seems a bit of a misnomer to me - surely classifying someone as an entrepreneur, then making them wait close to 4yrs before they can make their investments is a bit bassackwards?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R I C H
Seems a bit of a misnomer to me - surely classifying someone as an entrepreneur, then making them wait close to 4yrs before they can make their investments is a bit bassackwards?
but R I C H, that is CIC isn't it...