Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do CHC use sea mail or something?!

Do CHC use sea mail or something?!

Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:24 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of
Default Do CHC use sea mail or something?!

So I got an email from CHC last Wednesday saying they had sent my med requests (yay! ) to my old address and of course I emailed back and they said they would send them here. I was expecting to have received them by now as it's now 10 days later! Anyone know how long post usually takes to get to Australia from England?

Thanks,
Hayely
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:54 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do CHC use sea mail or something?!

When processing officer initiates a request in the system for any letter to be mailed to applicant it usually takes quite some time (in average about a month) from such request to the time letter is actually printed and mailed by mailroom. Backlogs are everywhere.

Originally Posted by H143
So I got an email from CHC last Wednesday saying they had sent my med requests (yay! ) to my old address and of course I emailed back and they said they would send them here. I was expecting to have received them by now as it's now 10 days later! Anyone know how long post usually takes to get to Australia from England?

Thanks,
Hayely
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:57 am

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Thanks Andrew. That's not really what I wanted to hear but good to know so I don't expect to see it in the postbox every night!

Hayley
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

I receive letters from CHC Damascus and it takes about 2-3 weeks to arrive to England from the date printed on letter, while its about 1 week from the date of the stamp.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:15 am

Thanks, that's good to know. I will wait another week before asking them where it might have got to.

Hayley
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
When processing officer initiates a request in the system for any letter to be mailed to applicant it usually takes quite some time (in average about a month) from such request to the time letter is actually printed and mailed by mailroom. Backlogs are everywhere.
I can understand the backlogs for processing cases. As you described eloquently in previous posts, it's not a question of processing staff resources, it's caused by the 1%-per-year rules combined with the points being lowered to 67, etc. But there's just no excuse for the mail room taking a month to print and post a pre-written letter!

K.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:08 pm

I was told that my original letter was 'sent' on the 18th May but it's only just reached my old address on the 28th June. The mail room must be pretty busy!!!

Hayley
Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kt0157
I can understand the backlogs for processing cases. As you described eloquently in previous posts, it's not a question of processing staff resources, it's caused by the 1%-per-year rules combined with the points being lowered to 67, etc. But there's just no excuse for the mail room taking a month to print and post a pre-written letter!

K.
By the way, the 1% of population is just an election promise, never has made it to the Immigration system. Look at this way. IO puts a note on file, says send out letter x10, so the file is sent off to mailroom, and there maybe 500 x10 letters going out, or more if it is an AOR. So someone in the mailroom digs out the address from the file, produces the letter, and fires it off. It takes time.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:17 am

So I'm still waiting for the letter and as it's been three weeks I emailed my lovely contact at CHC to ask how long she expected it to take. She obviously didn't expect it to take 3 weeks as she's sent another one, 1st class international 'signed for' delivery!

Let's hope I see this letter soon!