British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   DO BRITISH CITIZEN REALLY NEED PR TO STAY IN CANADA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/do-british-citizen-really-need-pr-stay-canada-734897/)

AmyDavid Oct 7th 2011 7:23 pm

Re: DO BRITISH CITIZEN REALLY NEED PR TO STAY IN CANADA

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9663482)
What do people say about you? :ohmy:

Generally, they shout out "Nice buns". Or so I heard.

trevorandjo york Oct 7th 2011 7:24 pm

But, how did she get that new car? perhaps you should report her to the police....she wouldn't know that you reported her...

christmasoompa Oct 7th 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york (Post 9663479)
What about the lady you see going to school with her kids, she doesn't work, she has a new car, wonder how she paid for it, growing dope? selling her body through the night, will you please get a grip. It is not your life. Leave them alone.

So what happened to your self-imposed 7 days ban then? Better that than posting seemingly just to stir things up and cause an argument.

Could I remind everybody of rule no. 1 please? Cut out the sniping and let's get this thread back on track for the sake of the OP, thanks.

ExKiwilass Oct 7th 2011 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9663494)
So what happened to your self-imposed 7 days ban then? Better that than posting seemingly just to stir things up and cause an argument.

Could I remind everybody of rule no. 1 please? Cut out the sniping and let's get this thread back on track for the sake of the OP, thanks.

Ok Oompa but she/he started it!!!

I know. I am 5. I know.

;)

trevorandjo york Oct 7th 2011 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9663491)

Love it Love it! We said that at the same time.

ExKiwilass Oct 7th 2011 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9663491)

hahahahahah

trevorandjo york Oct 7th 2011 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9663494)

I am taking it in twenty minute slots.:zzz:

trevorandjo york Oct 7th 2011 7:51 pm

Me first, then Jo, then me, then Jo...

joycejimi Oct 7th 2011 7:59 pm

The reason why I asked this question was just that I want to know how things are done with regards to brits visiting Canada and is not intended to intrude into people's live. I dont intends calling border services for any body, just want to see if the couple can succeed with their plan. Any way, I wish them well and I will post updates from time to time.

thanks

AmyDavid Oct 7th 2011 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by joycejimi (Post 9663526)
The reason why I asked this question was just that I want to know how things are done with regards to brits visiting Canada and is not intended to intrude into people's live. I dont intends calling border services for any body, just want to see if the couple can succeed with their plan. Any way, I wish them well and I will post updates from time to time.

thanks

Hmm. If you think they are doing something they shouldn't be - ie flaunting the immigration rules, that the rest of us abide by - why would wish them success with this plan?

joycejimi Oct 7th 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9663545)
Hmm. If you think they are doing something they shouldn't be - ie flaunting the immigration rules, that the rest of us abide by - why would wish them success with this plan?

Sometimes, the best thing to do is just allow people to make a fool of themselves. I am not happy that they are trying to bend the rules because it took me almost 5years to get my pr. But when people think they are smart and would not listen no matter what you say, then it is left for them to find out the hard way. I asked the question because when they rented a house I thought maybe I have not informed them correctly. To them, I have become the devil that is wanting them to fail, hence I have no choice than to wish them well. Since I know from the forum that it can not be done, then I just have to sit back and watch what happens.

The4BellsLondon Oct 7th 2011 11:52 pm

Bell here_ yup had to show immig docs to Vsb and Bsb.

Trevonwhateva _ so if your child, mother, other half _ choose the appropriate one, needed treatment or a school place, BUT couldn't get it cos some illegal had itn that would be ok with you?

ExKiwilass Oct 8th 2011 12:24 am

Originally Posted by joycejimi (Post 9663561)
Sometimes, the best thing to do is just allow people to make a fool of themselves. I am not happy that they are trying to bend the rules because it took me almost 5years to get my pr. But when people think they are smart and would not listen no matter what you say, then it is left for them to find out the hard way. I asked the question because when they rented a house I thought maybe I have not informed them correctly. To them, I have become the devil that is wanting them to fail, hence I have no choice than to wish them well. Since I know from the forum that it can not be done, then I just have to sit back and watch what happens.

Well, Surrey SB was pretty clear. No work permit, no free schooling. I'll be interested to hear how they get around that one.

Aviator Oct 8th 2011 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Kiwilass (Post 9663776)
Well, Surrey SB was pretty clear. No work permit, no free schooling. I'll be interested to hear how they get around that one.

They may be in for a few surprises!

Unless they have some sort of permit, its not a very sensible move when you have children to consider.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ts/workers.asp

ExKiwilass Oct 8th 2011 12:56 am

I know, right? crazy.