Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Distance Education Bachelors degree acceptable ?

Distance Education Bachelors degree acceptable ?

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:46 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Default Distance Education Bachelors degree acceptable ?

Hi there
I have a Distance Education Bachelor of Commerce from University of Delhi. Can I claim 20 points with this degree? Please advise
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future
Default Re: Distance Education Bachelors degree acceptable ?

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Hi there
I have a Distance Education Bachelor of Commerce from University of Delhi. Can I claim 20 points with this degree? Please advise
You can only claim points for education where you have attented classes
as per the new rules.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Sorry to say but u cannot obtain points under the new lawz. You need to attend classes 4 real.

Bon Courage..
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:34 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Distance Education Bachelors degree acceptable ?

Originally Posted by bhalerao
Hi,

Sorry to say but u cannot obtain points under the new lawz. You need to attend classes 4 real.

Bon Courage..
the above 2 posts hit the nail on the head! rules have changed and u are required to be attending full time classes to claim the points
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:56 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Hi there
The same question was asked a couple of days ago and can be found here.

The thread has links to a couple of CIC documents that answer this question quite clearly. Unless the rules have changed and the documents are yet to be updated you will be awarded the points if the course was at a legitimate institution.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:28 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by OzRob
The same question was asked a couple of days ago and can be found here.

The thread has links to a couple of CIC documents that answer this question quite clearly. Unless the rules have changed and the documents are yet to be updated you will be awarded the points if the course was at a legitimate institution.
delhi University is a legitimate institution granted powers to issue Degree qualification by the Government of India. Legitimacy is not an issue but will they still give me full 20 points considering it was completed through correspondence?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:43 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

delhi University is a legitimate institution granted powers to issue Degree qualification by the Government of India. Legitimacy is not an issue but will they still give me full 20 points considering it was completed through correspondence?
Did you read the thread that I gave the link to?? If you didn't then click the underlined word at the end of the first sentence. Don't take these directions the wrong way.

Like I said originally posted I think that unless the rules have changed and the documents (links in the other thread) are yet to be updated you will be awarded the 20 points.

Can an expert confirm what Canadaproject, bhalerao and amancharan have stated?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:15 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by OzRob
Did you read the thread that I gave the link to?? If you didn't then click the underlined word at the end of the first sentence. Don't take these directions the wrong way.

Like I said originally posted I think that unless the rules have changed and the documents (links in the other thread) are yet to be updated you will be awarded the 20 points.

Can an expert confirm what Canadaproject, bhalerao and amancharan have stated?
Hi Rob
I did read read the thread you gave me the link to and also looked up R 73 through Andrew's link. It seems that my qualifications are fine, but since Bhalerao and the other guys are saying with so much conviction that my degree is not worth 20 points it's getting me concerned. I just need to be sure about.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:18 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by bhalerao
Hi,

Bon Courage..
Hi Bhalerao

When you say new laws are you referring to the IRPA changes in 2003 or are you referring to any amendments or notices after that. Will really appreciate if you can give me a url or a link to the new laws.