Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Disappointing CAIPS notice from CIC London

Disappointing CAIPS notice from CIC London

Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Disappointing CAIPS notice from CIC London

As e-cas realy doesn't show anything I ordered my CAIPS note out of curiosity two weeks ago (Privacy request, free of charge for residents, just a fax does the trick), very disappointing though :

Paper file sent to PPS
File BF'd to: PPS on 06-06-2006

i.e., my file will not be looked at before June 2006 (with AOR 12/04) !?

=>>> 18 mos :scared: waiting time, 15 mos :scared: to go?

Might be a result of me having a three year work permit and thus no pressure on their side.

Sigh ... keep on

Stephen, sleeping in Ontario
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:51 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disappointing CAIPS notice from CIC London

Originally Posted by stephenbottcher
As e-cas realy doesn't show anything I ordered my CAIPS note out of curiosity two weeks ago (Privacy request, free of charge for residents, just a fax does the trick), very disappointing though :

Paper file sent to PPS

Might be a result of me having a three year work permit and thus no pressure on their side.

Sigh ... keep on

Things have been slipping badly in posts in europe during the past year but other areass o fthe world are much worse.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road

Paper file sent to PPS

Sigh ... keep on

Hi Stephen,

What forms did you send off for caips inland and where did you get them ? Also can you tell me the fax number you faxed the request to ?

Going to order caips although will probably be looking at the sameline as you but always good to know!
Thx
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:39 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it doesn't mean that at all. BF date is only a reminder set in CAIPS by processing officer to bring file forward **if no activity occurs before**, nothing more. Each time something resulting in new entry into CAIPS happens new BF date will be set.

Paper file sent to PPS

Sigh ... keep on

Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...-personal.html ... everything you need, it is just one form, IMM 5563 (you want a copy of your records)!

Fax to (613) 957-6517 and off you go.

Stephen
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Andrew, whilst I got you interested enough to reply (by the way thanks for your encouragement, but I am lucky in so far as my life is not on hold until PR comes through so I am a patient man ...), here is another one: why does my CAIPS say "IMM1017S requested 08-12-2004" which coincidentally (?) is the date, the file was opened and processing began?

Good one, isn't it? They requested medicals straight away! Not that I know anything about that of course or have seen that request.

Stephen

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, it doesn't mean that at all. BF date is only a reminder set in CAIPS by processing officer to bring file forward **if no activity occurs before**, nothing more. Each time something resulting in new entry into CAIPS happens new BF date will be set.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 3:30 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It is normal procedure - printing of medical form is requested at early stage of the process, in many visa post at the same time when file is created. Then form waits for it's time to be mailed to applicant.

Andrew, whilst I got you interested enough to reply (by the way thanks for your encouragement, but I am lucky in so far as my life is not on hold until PR comes through so I am a patient man ...), here is another one: why does my CAIPS say "IMM1017S requested 08-12-2004" which coincidentally (?) is the date, the file was opened and processing began?

Good one, isn't it? They requested medicals straight away! Not that I know anything about that of course or have seen that request.

Stephen
Old Mar 25th 2005, 3:33 am
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it makes you feel better, I got my CAIPS a couple of months after I applied, like yourself (although its really not worth the trouble).

My CAIPS also had a BF date over over a year after my application date. In reality, my initial assessment was 5 months earlier than the BF date. When it came, I was totally surprised and pretty happy.

So, like Andrew says, I wouldn't worry or take the BF date too seriously. Check on the London site, they might list current processing times (the Buffalo site used to do that, although they stopped just about the time I received my IA last October).
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...-personal.html ... everything you need, it is just one form, IMM 5563 (you want a copy of your records)!

Fax to (613) 957-6517 and off you go.

Stephen
Thx the info Stephen!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:44 am
Just Joined

baigmd is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does it take to get the CAIPS report
Old Mar 26th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by baigmd
How long does it take to get the CAIPS report
Mine took two weeks or so, I have read in this forum that they have to respond in 30 days!?

Stephen
Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

tmccorm3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stephen,

when you submitted the IM5563 did you request CAIPS notes or VISA file?

Thanks
Tony

PS Happy 1st Year in Canada
Old Mar 26th 2005, 7:05 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Did your AOR say you may not hear anything for 18 months?
if so they have just punched in a date 18 months ahead as they said.
it appears it is just the date they originally gave you, and a reference for them to go by. You are in a queue like the rest of us. Why would you want to order Caips after 3 months when you can see from here that you are well down the line for processing, and there are many posts on here that say don't bother to order caips until at least a year has gone by.
People applying now have a 24 months wait on the back of their AOR. So you have to remember you are 6 months ahead of them!
It is horrible waiting but a year does go quickly and yo are lucky enough to be there at least.

Paper file sent to PPS

Sigh ... keep on

Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

@Gooding
My AOR diod not say anything and the CAIPS does not do any harm. In my case I found one obvious typo and two errors: one wrong last name, one wrong date of birth and one wrong place of birth. So except mine, all family member records were erroneous.
So I consider the (absolutely) zero effort to get the CAIPS a full success! Remember the consequences on a background check on wrong last name (alias, eh ... ), wrong place of birth ("this guy is not in out records - not born here" ) or even wrong date of birth ("this guy was never born, especially not in this town" )! I sent in a correction request to have it changed. I'll be honest: considering all our (applicants) best efforts to get everything right in our applications and to the point, I am no longer surprised that some applications take 4 years if you do a background check on the wrong name, date or place of birth! As in every statistics: one error in your file is acceptable (all humans, are we not?), two is a worry (he had a bad day, forgot his glasses!), but two errors and one typo in one immigration file can lead to serious consequences for the applicant, amongst those a timeline being badly affected.

Why did I order CAIPS in the first place: to see whether they have started IA, what else! E-CAS is not really a status (don't kid yourself: if nobody changes E-CAS ... the immgration officer doesn't, he does CAIPS only, I would suspect), CAIPS however is a copy of my complete file, from work permit application to today, with all personal notes of all immigration officers that worked on my file. It is a printscreen of all pages of the file, most probably done by an office clerk. That doesn't even bother the immigration officer. As it is issued under the Privacy Act, he probably wouldn't even get to know!

I am patient and I don't mind waiting but I need to know what is going on, even if nothing is going on. My son's leaving school soon and if I have to apply for a work permit for him because PR is not coming through in time, I need to know soon enough because it could take time or be troublesome. Bottom line: I will order my CAIPS every 3 months, what the heck!

@tmccorm3
You want to "receive copies of the records" which are "CAIPS (information abroad)". Don't you guys read the fineprint? It's all there.

Still disappointed but somehow satisfied.

Stephen
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

high.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nice

Can you apply for CAIPS more than once during the process?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.