Dilemma - unsure what to do....

Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:04 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dilemma - unsure what to do....

OK, here's my story.... Applied Sept '07 under old simplified FSW got an AOR of Oct '07, then last year came over on a TWP as an intra company transfer, have a TWP that expires end of Aug next year.

I was going to send a full application package to London to update my file and request a "fast track". It appears (according to PMM at least) that this route is now closed and everything must go via the CIO.

However, this is my dilemma - I've already ordered the police certs, if I start a new application, these are likely to be invalid by the time I get the 120 day letter? Also, I have already paid fees to London for my original simplified FSW application - I would have to pay again to the CIO and get a refund from London.

I'm tempted just to send my full application to London still and ask them to fast track it still - worried however this will delay my application.

What would you do?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

mclaren family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dilemma - unsure what to do....

sorry can't answer your question, you've intrigued me with the part you say that the fast track via London is now closed.

As we were planning on getting Temporary Work Permits then applying for the fast track system

if you can't fast track via London while on temporary work permits can you apply to the Canadian offices?

Sorry to hijack
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:17 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclaren family
sorry can't answer your question, you've intrigued me with the part you say that the fast track via London is now closed.

As we were planning on getting Temporary Work Permits then applying for the fast track system

if you can't fast track via London while on temporary work permits can you apply to the Canadian offices?

Sorry to hijack
The fast track route is now via an application that initially goes to the Central Intake Office in Sydney, NS. You can't send an application direct to London anymore - though I already have a file number, so it's frustrating that I can't just update my file and ask them to fast track it.

I've emailed CIC for guidance.... no response as yet (not expecting one tbh).
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

mclaren family is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I started panicking when I read your thread

I hope you get the answers you need soon
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by G77
The fast track route is now via an application that initially goes to the Central Intake Office in Sydney, NS. You can't send an application direct to London anymore - though I already have a file number, so it's frustrating that I can't just update my file and ask them to fast track it.

I've emailed CIC for guidance.... no response as yet (not expecting one tbh).
I'm not sure why you couldn't update your file with the job offer and ask them to fast track it?

The fast track route you're referring to doesn't exist now for applicants who have not already sent in an application but that doesn't mean London won't fast track your app, you're on the old route.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:09 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lucieg
I'm not sure why you couldn't update your file with the job offer and ask them to fast track it?

The fast track route you're referring to doesn't exist now for applicants who have not already sent in an application but that doesn't mean London won't fast track your app, you're on the old route.
That's what I was going to do - makes most sense in terms of not doubling up the work CIC has to do, I'm sure that they don't want an extra application to process just for the sake of it.... But what makes sense to me and you doesn't always apply in their book.

This is the post that made me begin to think twice about it :-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...47&postcount=8
Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by G77
That's what I was going to do - makes most sense in terms of not doubling up the work CIC has to do, I'm sure that they don't want an extra application to process just for the sake of it.... But what makes sense to me and you doesn't always apply in their book.

This is the post that made me begin to think twice about it :-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...47&postcount=8
hmm I dunno maybe PMM knows something we don't.

I always thought fast track was never really 'official' given that it was only rumoured to happen in the London office. Plus I also thought that there were two teams working on apps, one lot on the pre feb 2007's and one on the new instructions. If the old applications are still processing the way they used to, albeit a lot faster than predicted these days I don't see why you couldn't ask to have your file updated with the job offer. You don't want to or need to apply again according to the new rules.

Basically I don't see that it would hurt your application to ask to have this info included in it and I'd like to see officially where they've said they've stopped fast tracking pre feb 2007's.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 4:02 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Basically I don't see that it would hurt your application to ask to have this info included in it and I'd like to see officially where they've said they've stopped fast tracking pre feb 2007's.
I suspect the problem is that it was never official to begin with, just something that happened - so they can't say that its stopped if it never officially happened in the first place
Old Apr 17th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G77
I suspect the problem is that it was never official to begin with, just something that happened - so they can't say that its stopped if it never officially happened in the first place
So unless PMM does know something we don't... I say carry on with what you were going to do.

Only my opinion of course ;-)
Old Apr 17th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by G77
OK, here's my story.... Applied Sept '07 under old simplified FSW got an AOR of Oct '07, then last year came over on a TWP as an intra company transfer, have a TWP that expires end of Aug next year.

I was going to send a full application package to London to update my file and request a "fast track". It appears (according to PMM at least) that this route is now closed and everything must go via the CIO.

However, this is my dilemma - I've already ordered the police certs, if I start a new application, these are likely to be invalid by the time I get the 120 day letter? Also, I have already paid fees to London for my original simplified FSW application - I would have to pay again to the CIO and get a refund from London.

I'm tempted just to send my full application to London still and ask them to fast track it still - worried however this will delay my application.

What would you do?
We applied for our PR in Oct 2006 and had our AOR in Feb 2007. We are also in Canada on a TWP but have been able to fast track our PR through CHC London as it is only applications submitted after the 27th Feb 2008 that will have to use the new route. All applications before this date are able to go through the old system. We have already had requests for docs and now waiting for our med requests. So I can safely say you can still do the fast track in London. Hope that helps.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:00 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

So unless PMM does know something we don't... I say carry on with what you were going to do.

Only my opinion of course ;-)

The original context was that a poster was intending to apply as fast track to London after the 1st of April. It was explained that all FSW1,2,3 as of that date go to CIU Sydney. You don't send the full application to Sydney. Some offices are now sending applications received after 28/02/08 (LMO/AEO) to Sydney as well.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

I guess it's a case of getting wires crossed then
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:52 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Guess I'll continue as planned then and see what happens - worst that can happen is they send it back to me I guess...
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

izie71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amardan
We applied for our PR in Oct 2006 and had our AOR in Feb 2007. We are also in Canada on a TWP but have been able to fast track our PR through CHC London as it is only applications submitted after the 27th Feb 2008 that will have to use the new route. All applications before this date are able to go through the old system. We have already had requests for docs and now waiting for our med requests. So I can safely say you can still do the fast track in London. Hope that helps.
Hello all,

We in NS on a TWP for a year (even though present employer wants hubbie to stay on for at least 3 years!). In terms of PR can we apply soon on a TWP (only been here a month) or is there another way to turn TWP into a more permanent position in Canada? Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:58 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

I got a reply from CHC, doesn't exactly answer the question I asked, since I already have a file number, but this looks like a green light to me to send in my docs :-
Thank you for your query.

We have not yet received your application, we are at present having a huge volume of applications and it takes some weeks before we can aknowledge the receipt of an application and create a file number.
We are aware of your case and will contact you asap.
Your application will be sent to the fast track service as soon as we create a file number.
We apologise for the delay and inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.