Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dilemma..Hopefully Andrew Miller Can Help

Dilemma..Hopefully Andrew Miller Can Help

Old Nov 10th 2001, 1:23 am
Rajeev

Mr. Andrew Miller can help me again I beleive. As I said earlier, I will recieve my
PR by Jan/Feb (Inland spouse). Now, the thing is I wanted to continue my studies
( on student loan) which I had temporarily paused. Now, I also want to sponsor my
folks ASAP. Can I do this? studying on student loan (or not on loan) and sposnor
my parents. If not, how much mimimum salary should I earn in a span of 12 months
to be eligible for the LICO. Also, if my wife is studying on student loan (
12,000 loan for 2 semesters ) and I am working, will it hinder the LICO. The
reason I need this information so sure is that my father is getting a good deal
for the house we have,(ie., more money for us here to buy house, business etc.,)
and its good till june 2002, now my folks have Canadian/US Visitor Visas, Should
I tell them to take the risk and sell the house and let them come here in June
,and until that time I will be working / studying only for 4 months (Feb-June),
((although I have EA now and will work from Dec)), so I cant start the
immigration process unless I make 3,000/per month. In addition, the money my
folks will bring will be deposited in my account (say $100,000), can that be a
proof for showing the financial responsibilty. I know the new laws are coming and
not sure if the pilot project, (the one for families for india, bangladesh etc)
is still there. I need some good advice in this, as it's risky plus its my word
to my parents. Appreciate any help

Old Nov 10th 2001, 1:39 am
Andrew Miller

I'm sorry Rajeev but I don't have a magic wand...

If you will be studying instead of earning income then you will not be approved as a
sponsor until you finish school, start earning money and meet the LICO minimum.
Nothing can be done about it as your wife cannot even be co-signer as she is a
student also. As for the advice about your folks coming here on visitor visas - it is
up to you guys what you decide to do and what kind of risk you are willing to take.
You don't know when you will be earning enough money to meet LICO requirements, so it
is hard to even guess what the situation will be and if your parents will be able to
have their visitor visas extended when needed.

As for the LICO - check in the sponsorship kit what is the requirement for your
family size (including sponsored parents) and for the area of your residence.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 10th 2001, 2:11 am
Rajeev

Thank you again. I see what you mean, but can my wife be a co-signer, or can anyone
other than my wife be a co-signer?

>
    >
    >
approved
    >
LICO
    >
co-signer as
    >
    >
of
    >
enough
    >
situation
    >
extended
    >
    >
    >
your
    >
residence.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Mr. Andrew Miller can help me again I beleive. As I said earlier, I will recieve[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > my PR by Jan/Feb (Inland spouse). Now, the thing is I wanted to continue my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > studies ( on student loan) which I had temporarily paused.[/usenetquote2]
Now,
[usenetquote2]> > I also want to sponsor my folks ASAP. Can I do this? studying on student loan (or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > not on loan) and sposnor my parents. If not, how much mimimum salary should I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > earn in a span of 12 months to be eligible for the[/usenetquote2]
LICO.
[usenetquote2]> > Also, if my wife is studying on student loan ( 12,000 loan for 2[/usenetquote2]
semesters )
[usenetquote2]> > and I am working, will it hinder the LICO. The reason I need this information so[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sure is that my father is getting a good deal for the[/usenetquote2]
house
[usenetquote2]> > we have,(ie., more money for us here to buy house, business etc.,) and[/usenetquote2]
its
[usenetquote2]> > good till june 2002, now my folks have Canadian/US Visitor Visas, Should[/usenetquote2]
I
[usenetquote2]> > tell them to take the risk and sell the house and let them come here in[/usenetquote2]
June
[usenetquote2]> > ,and until that time I will be working / studying only for 4 months (Feb-June),[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ((although I have EA now and will work from Dec)), so I cant start the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > immigration process unless I make 3,000/per month. In[/usenetquote2]
addition,
[usenetquote2]> > the money my folks will bring will be deposited in my account (say $100,000), can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that be a proof for showing the financial responsibilty.[/usenetquote2]
I
[usenetquote2]> > know the new laws are coming and not sure if the pilot project, (the one[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > families for india, bangladesh etc) is still there. I need some good[/usenetquote2]
advice
[usenetquote2]> > in this, as it's risky plus its my word to my parents. Appreciate any help[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 10th 2001, 2:17 am
Andrew Miller

No, only a spouse (or common law spouse) may be a co-signer.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I'm sorry Rajeev but I don't have a magic wand...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If you will be studying instead of earning income then you will not be[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > as a sponsor until you finish school, start earning money and meet the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > minimum. Nothing can be done about it as your wife cannot even be[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > she is a student also. As for the advice about your folks coming here on visitor[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > visas - it is up to you guys what you decide to do and what kind[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > risk you are willing to take. You don't know when you will be earning[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > money to meet LICO requirements, so it is hard to even guess what the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > will be and if your parents will be able to have their visitor visas[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > when needed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > As for the LICO - check in the sponsorship kit what is the requirement for[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > family size (including sponsored parents) and for the area of your[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Mr. Andrew Miller can help me again I beleive. As I said earlier, I will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > recieve my PR by Jan/Feb (Inland spouse). Now, the thing is I wanted to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > continue my studies ( on student loan) which I had temporarily paused.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > I also want to sponsor my folks ASAP. Can I do this? studying on student loan[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > (or not on loan) and sposnor my parents. If not, how much mimimum salary should[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I earn in a span of 12 months to be eligible for the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > Also, if my wife is studying on student loan ( 12,000 loan for 2[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > and I am working, will it hinder the LICO. The reason I need this information[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > so sure is that my father is getting a good deal for the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > we have,(ie., more money for us here to buy house, business etc.,) and[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > good till june 2002, now my folks have Canadian/US Visitor Visas, Should[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > tell them to take the risk and sell the house and let them come here in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > ,and until that time I will be working / studying only for 4 months (Feb-June),[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ((although I have EA now and will work from Dec)), so I cant start the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > immigration process unless I make 3,000/per month. In[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > the money my folks will bring will be deposited in my account (say $100,000),[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > can that be a proof for showing the financial responsibilty.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > know the new laws are coming and not sure if the pilot project, (the one[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > families for india, bangladesh etc) is still there. I need some good[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > in this, as it's risky plus its my word to my parents. Appreciate any help[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]