Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

difference in EE profile score to score preview on application

difference in EE profile score to score preview on application

Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default difference in EE profile score to score preview on application

Off the back of another post on here recently, I've now got slight concerns about a disparity in my scores on my AOR (which I'm due to submit tomorrow if i don't flunk my medical).

I answered all my questions honestly and had a score of 417(now 412 due to age, however received my ITA prior to my birthday), got accepted - however when i have filled the questions on my application, it gives me a score of 440.

I can see where the issue comes from, i have answered the educational sheet as below
Complete/full academic years (required)

Full-time/part-time study (required) Help - Full-time/part-time study
Part Time
Standing at the end of study period (required) Help - Standing at the end of study period
certificate or diploma or degree awarded
Country of study (required)
England
City/town of study (required)
Bristol
Name of school/institution (required)
Hogwarts(real college hidden for personal reasons)
Level of education (required)
three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school,
Was X awarded a canadian degree or diploma for this period fo study.
Please select Yes No
Has X had an ECA in the last 5 years for this study(required)
Please select Yes No
Organization that issued the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) (required)
World Education Services
Date ECA report issued (required)
September
ECA certificate number (required)
123456789 (its got the real number in it)
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean. (required)
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
which is all correct and lines up with what WES have given me. however when i then click "preview my score"

Human Capital (maximum points 500)Age85Level of Education112First Official Language Proficiency125Second Official Language Proficiency0Canadian Work Experience0
which is given me an additional 28 points for education I'm not entitled to. both figures put me well above the cut off for the ITA i was given, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something, not making a mistake/ not likely to get my application thrown out.

my apprenticeship was done over a total of 4 years,8-12 weeks per year at college, which is exactly how i've filled it in above, and WES counted one of my quals as equivalent to 1 year of post secondary, which again is what i've put so I'm a little confused why its crediting me an extra 28 points i don't need, and aren't entitled too.

Should my answer to level of education in the top (which i see as UK equivalent and what i actually did) match what WES have given me?

Last edited by Stumpylegs; Nov 21st 2019 at 9:58 pm.